Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backfire, then through a huge fireball out my exhaust !

I was just sliding a bit on a road course close to dark and nearly lost it in second gear and I just let my foot off the gas and a slight boom then a bright fire ball on the ass of my car. My car is running very rich but its been doing so for about three weeks and never back fired or flamed before.
Will an air fuel controler fix this?

Thanks

Cory

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
This is actually pretty common with high hp cars.. I doubt its anything to worry about, but I would like to hear what others have to say about it as well... Just in case (bump) :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, my car does that all the time, don't worry about it... If I turn up the boost and floor it for a couple seconds, then let off and floor it again for a sec then let off real quick.. it usually shoots a huge fireball I can see in all of my mirrors. It's pretty cool. Hey pooshda; that's not my car in your banner is it?? It looks just like mine, except my car usually isn't that clean, hehe.

-Paul

·
1,522 Posts
Yea, my car does the same thing. I have a TSO4 with MAF and I am running very rich. I think that an Apex fuel computer should fix this problem, but I'm not positive. But for now....FLAMES ARE COOL!

·
Registered
807 Posts
The picture in Pooshda's banner is his car. Why would he use your car in his sig? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts