Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, my exhaust system on the car was 2 inches when i bought it, just had a tanabe dp,and a catback exhaust system put on it. The car was super slow and you could hardly hear the turbo before, now it will blow off in neutral, but when the turbo kicks in it sputters, im guessing its my afm, and its bad, i just replaced the 02 sensor. Also the car is spitting black smoke out, which means its running rich, is this all because of the afm being bad or is it even bad? If so how much and where could I find one?
88 turbo

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
If your turbo "sputters" your blow off valve is either not hooked up, or jammed. That sputtering noise is the boost pressure backing up your whole compressor side housing.

Kruso

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when it spools up before it switches gears it sputters, it works on old exhaust system, we didnt touch the blitz blow off valve, in neutral when i rev the car up the bov goes off, it spits out black smoke also.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Its your BOV, make sure the vaccume line is intact and is hooked up to the right port.

Kruso

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check your ground wire to the O2 sensor on the engine harness side. It is a shielded wire that is brown/beige. Mine was cracked and it was throwing a code 31 and a lot of black smoke and basically undriveable. I replaced about 6 inches of it with coaxial cable...runs like a dream now. Just keep the wire away from CPS, it causes interference (sp?) on the line and will throw a code 31 or 21.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts