Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car to Motorsports Dynamics and let them tune it. Not so simple to do so when your car have many little things wrong with it. Lets start of with the Greddy ProfecB spec2 wasn't install correctly. Bozz Speed only installed it to the 1st turbo and not the 2nd or something in that nature. Henry @ MSD just finished dynoing another bpu auto supra before mine and it went smooth.
We compared graph and my car is not getting boost instantly. It is sluggish getting up to higher psi. At 3700rpm and 13psi it finally reach 17psi @ 5600rpm. The guy before me reaced 16psi around 3600rpm or so and stayed up there all the way to redline.
The dyno that was used was a DYNAPACK Series v4. 5.1 so it reads out lower number then what a DYNOJET would. Even the guy before me said that he dyno'ed 340rwhp or so before taking it to MSD which he only dyno'ed at 306rwhp and that was with the s-afc2 tuned @ 16psi. My numbers sucked. 294rwhp & 259tq.
And that was still with the s-afc2 on my car not tuned yet because of all the little problems. Henry said that it feels like boost cut as well( the stuttering feeling that I have been dealing with lately). All number were just on 91octane and nothing else.

So my problems are the following.
1.boost controller install wrong.
2.Boost cut
3.2 codes---p0420 and p1512

WHAT ARE THOSE CODES?

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
wow those are horrible numbers, worst i've seen... get ur ebc wired correctly, its on the mkiv.com on how to install.. reset ecu, dump in some 100octane.. new plugs

what r ur mods...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plugs are 1week old and just re-gapped down to .028. Im not sure if he reset the ecu. Those numbers were on a dynopac... not a dyno jet. The dynopac is just 2 things that hooks up to the rear wheel. It is known to give lower numbers.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Your plugs are gapped down too far for BPU, try .032. Check my post on yopur other thread, and do not give your car back to Henry. Carl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P1512 is "Boost Pressure High Malfunction" which is typically what is triggered with boost cut, simply disregard the code and make sure your BCC is properly connected and tuned.

P0420 is "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold" which is triggered by the absence of cats, once again disregard or grab yourself an O2 sensor simulator.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Call me at 707-696-2705, He is the nicest tuner for sure. Carl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts