Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the dyno, and my car is making ridiculously low power :-( 338 rwhp and 373 rwtq
I must have hit the lowest record there!

Do you think that the torque is OK, but the HP is low ? Or, are they both low ? The torque curve shoots up and tapers off right away after the 2nd turbo comes on. I'll post the dyno chart later.

I did not have ice on the intercooler, and I did not reset the ECU. And I was running 91 octane. There was a big fan that blowed towards the front of the car ( but not directly towards the intercooler )

The mod in my car is TRD exhaust, RMM downpipe, APEX'i AVC-R, and Greddy BCC. Also new spark plug ( NGK 6097 ) like a couple of days ago. Compression test was 155 across the board, except for cylinder 3 which is 145.

I'd like to figure out what's wrong. If the APEX'i AVC-R shows 1.25 bar, does that implies that I don't have a boost leak ? What else could be wrong ?

I'd like to figure out what's wrong, then go to the dyno again but next time with 100 octane and ECU reset.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
do u have a boost guage? even with a boost controller that shows boost ide get one too just to make sure...one thing that is killing your power is the 91 octane and not reseting the ecu. at 1.25bar it would retard the heck outta your timing. also is your car a auto or 6speed?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 6-speed and I dyno'ed from 4th gear.
What kind of boost I should be running with just BPU ?

Thanks for the advise.

-Luke

·
Registered
532 Posts
see if your holding boost by gettin a boost gauge if u dont already have one...check to see it holds 18+ psi to redline. in some cases it will fall off. i would first, reset ecu and run with 93 octane, or if nots available there whatever u can get.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Different boost reading from AVC-R and boost gauge (SPI)

I tried a couple of hard runs to redline today.
The boost seems to be holding pretty well till redline ( or until I let off ).

However, my boost gauge shows only 17 psi, while the AVC-R shows up to 1.35 bar ( which is about 19.5 psi ).
I did not do the install for the boost gauge nor the AVC-R. Which one is the more accurate one in my case ? Aren't they reading from the same line ?

I'll try to make an appointment for dyno again, but first I need to find who sells high octane gas.

Thanks,
-Luke

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Did you use a Dyno-Jet or a Mustang Dyno?

-Mustang dyno's tend to yield lower rwhp #'s

Jay

D

·
0 Posts
compression seems okay. Did you pull the trac fuse before the dyno? I made 390rwhp and 400rwtq with 125psi in my #3 and #4 cylinders. I run the avc-r also and my boost readings were like .7kg2 - .8kg2 and constantly fluctuating up and down, never hit 1.2kg (what i set it at). Either I have a crazy supra making 390wrhp at 9lbs of boost or the avc-r is off;) . The boost gauge is more accurate. Check for boost leaks perhaps??

Chris

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Jay: It was a dyno-jet. I think I really need to go again, and redo the dyno with 100 octane and reset ECU.

Chris: Awesome numbers! Is that just BPU ? What's your boost gauge reading, when your AVC-R says 0.8 bar ? Oh, and I did pull the TRAC fuse.

It's a bad feeling, buying a used car, and then the car seems to perform very badly.. I hope this is just an issue with the way I dyno'd the car.

I'll try to dyno again next week, and let you guys know the result.

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts