Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother had an mr2 that had rod knocks so I let him use my 87 supra until he could get back on the road again. Three days ago i get a call at 3 in the morning saying "brother I love you, but i blew your motor". wtf is that. So I get it towed back to my place so I can see what is the problem. So I start it up and there is hard knock sounding like its coming from the cams. He says about a week prior it had started knocking lightly from that same spot. My reply was why in the hell didnt you park it? So Today I started to tear it apart to see if i could figure anything out. I made it to the cams and I see nothing out of place. Any pointers? What do I look for and what else could it be coming from this spot?

· Registered
6,381 Posts
Kick your brother in the dick.

That is why I don't let anybody borrow my car.
ummmm no need to kick him. That engine was probabaly on its way out. its not like this is the first 7m that had a rod knock. how was it maintained in the past? how old is the car? did it ever had a BHG? if so, did the owner drive it around like that? water in the oil could have started to cause problems with lubrication...who knows...
At least the upside is you can go through the engine and get it rebuilt with new rings, bearings, a bore etc and it will be ready for another long service.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Sounds like it was on the way out, and he helped it get done faster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.