Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys.. as you know I just dyno my car on thrusday and went to the track Saturday to see what numbers I was going to get.. I waited for like ever just to get my run.. when it was my turn, I went up there.. Got into position and when the last yellow light went off.. I let it go..

1st.. 2nd.. and then a broken clutch.. What a disappointment.. made it to the end of the track with 18 second at 60mph.. how bad is that..

I can't believe my clutch master stage 4 gave up on me...

I'll see what clutch I can get this time.. Im thinking HPF clutch now.

thanks for listening... Just wanted to shear my experience..

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put about 3000 miles on the clutch.. symptoms that shows is that when press clutch in very soft.. hard to engage.. in any gear..
It could be the presure plate also not holding.. but have to pull apart to be sure..

S

·
0 Posts
i would've thought that with those types of clutches, you would always have to press hard on the clutch to change gears.

·
Registered
441 Posts
moua4c said:
I put about 3000 miles on the clutch.. symptoms that shows is that when press clutch in very soft.. hard to engage.. in any gear..
It could be the presure plate also not holding.. but have to pull apart to be sure..
Wow that sucks... what Pressure plate were you using?? Sprung or Unsprung type clutch?? Just wondering cause I already ordered my Unsprung HPF clutch w/ ACT PP.... Im trying to finish before 04...

Flipn

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update on the damage clutch.. the presure plate crack in three different places, and it bent the flywheel holding pins..the clutch is kinda shatter on the pads.

the bell housing.. was scar up. I'll try to take pictures and post.. maybe tomorrow

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
That is horible. Hope that doesn't happen to me any time soon. I'd like to see htose pics.

steve

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
WTF! Send that pic to Clutchmasters and see what they say. There is no way that should happen with a low mile clutch. Got any pics of the clutch disc? How does the flywheel look?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The disc looks ok, is that what all of the pads look like? There is no reason why that pressure plate should break like that. Definitely a defect. You should either get a new clutch out of the deal, or at least somewhat of a refund (altho they prob won't do a refund).

·
Over Medicated
2,700 Posts
Chue,

I still have the receipt for that clutch. I can fax it to you or PM me with your address again and I'll send it or call you and we'll get them to replace it for FREE if at all possible. That is amazing how that just blew apart like that. You must have been haul'in to do that kind of damage:D .

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
What is a clutch that will hold!?? I have a centerforce stage2 and the last two days it slips like hell at 1 bar. I cant race!! I was planning on going to the track on saturday but i need a new clutch. What clutches do you guys recommend for like 400-500rwhp? I will be upgrading fuel soon (and n2o).

Is the ACT pressure plate good? I need to know what the best clutch is FROM EXPERIENCE!! i want some feedback from people that have driven on the clutches and are making some power!

Thanks guys,
Derek

1 - 20 of 27 Posts