Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving down the street and then bam! gauges and lights were going off and my car died. turned it over while i was still coasting and there was jsut clanging in the tranny/ clutch area. still shifted fine, just alil loud. when it happend i was like 30 seconds from my house. so i just drove her home. this this morning i drove it down the street to a mechanic shop where i use to work (30 seconds away from where i parked it and like literally 2 seconds away from where it happend) so i parked it in the parking lot in front of the shop and talked to my buddy and my old boss and we started it up again. about 30 seconds later the big bam and the car died. and it wasnt turning over. i have very high reason to beilieve that it was a rod. it siezed up and everything. total cost of the new swap and everything would be 6.5k if i had that shop do it. theres my story for today. now i have a beautiful supra that is just sitting. :(. does anyone have an GTE sitting around that isnt shit that they would sell. i dont have any money right now so i cant do anything to my suppy until i get a job again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
damn thats bad news man.

I have a gte that ran perfectly find befor the headgasket went.
interested?

400$ cant go wrong.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just had the same thing happen to me!! Now I can't go to TX2K9 and beat everyone in class 2!!! LOL!! All well, shit happens and I'm going to be rebuilding my spare motor that had a BHG but no rod knock. I'm just going to rering it and put new bearings in and slap a new hg w/arp's and call it a day. But I'm doing the work myself, so I'll save a lot of money

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn that does blow. Sorry to hear. As soon as i get an mkiii the first thing im doing is swapping in an mls and using arp's im not taking any chances. Keep us posted.

·
I FLY LOW
401 Posts
:( butts that sucks dude time instead of paying that amount use that money towards a 2j your car is nice and clean and a motor like that would compliment it

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea its gona be like 7k but i didnt say i had 7k lol. im gona get another 7m and do it my self in my garage. fuck having them do the work for 1700 bucks they said it would take 19 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts