Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok well im being medicly discharged from the army they screwed up my back witha spinal tap. so im gonna be needing to find a job and car and any help int hese areas would be nice. i mean like advice where to go what to look for etc, my back will limist the type of work i can do alot but please help if possible. thanx guys an d i will prolly be living in the mesquite area, would be nice if it was sumthing with cars seeing as i want to do that for a livig and hopefullt will be able to go to wyotech like i had planned. well thanx guys and also if you have any leads on a shell for a mkiv with targa let me know thanx again guys.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Army, There were going to medically discharge me, but I was able to stay in to the end of my enlistment on a pernament profile. (I messed up my knee and hip in an airborne accident.) My biggest mistake was not going to collage full time when I got out of the Army. I had to work 5 times harder because of that decision.

How old are you? Do you have any collage? Any job skills? Married? Kids?

If you are young, and are single, I would highly recommend you get out, move in with family, (Or take out some student loans and live in dorms.) Use your GI bill to help pay for school. How you handle yourself over the next year will determine how the next 10-15 years of your life are going to go.

If you get out, with no degree and just go get a job, you will spend the next 6-10 years working for less money and going to school part time, trying to get a degree.

If you get out, enroll in collage, and go to school full time, you will have that degree in 4 years, and will be in a much better position to have a more rewarding career.

Just be smart, and think about what it is that you want, not short term, but long term.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeha it sucks any ideas what would get me a good paying job and such so i can follow my dreamsms ofa supra u know?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Well what do you do for the Army? What is your education level? Do you hold any Civilian liecences, or certifcations?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i never dod finish ait im on medhold and am at ft sam houston was training for 91w combar medic. no licensce or cerifications went right out of highschool

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thanx man i am really worried, i ahve thought about gooing to wyotech but im not sure. i heard that carmax pays good if i get on as a detailer like 600 a week would be nice i could stack up sum cash and get me a nice car to take to wyotech to work on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts