Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to post some good 1/4 mile numbers this morning, but as it turned out nothing went right at Crapital raceway.

I new I wasn't going to break into the 11's with my skinny Nitto Dr's, but anyway my first run I shifted into REVERSE at 85 mph. Car skidded and jumped, and I let off. And I could smell my clutch.

Second run was clean and I ran a 13.4 at 109. What the...... I relized I was only boosting 15psi. Time to put some 112 octane in the tank.

Third run felt much stronger, still a crappy launch. I ran a 13.1 at 113mph, but I relized I was only running 18psi. Time to stop messing around, turned the AVCR on my A setting(23psi).

Fouth run..Oohh now I feel what the SP61 can do. Very hard launch with the tires barely gripping through first and second. Shifted to third and SPEC 2 decided it was no longer going to hold the power, and slipped the rest of the run.

Thanks for listening to my depressing story. At least now I have an excuse for installing my light weight flywheel.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
howd u shift into reverse at 85??!? doesnt the tranny have a reverse lockout? time for a spec stage 3 ;)

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
I new I wasn't going to break into the 11's with my skinny Nitto Dr's, but anyway my first run I shifted into REVERSE at 85 mph. Car skidded and jumped, and I let off. And I could smell my clutch.
How the fuck did that happen!?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,253 Posts
JonnyRedline said:
howd u shift into reverse at 85??!? doesnt the tranny have a reverse lockout? time for a spec stage 3 ;)

what i'm wondernig

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
he must have just slammed the shifter really hard. Thats a pretty tough thing to do.

But that definitly sucks. sorry to hear :(

3,796 Posts
Wouldnt you be shifting in 4th at around 85 mph? Are you sure you went from 3rd to R? Sure you didnt accidentally slam it into 2nd instead of 4th.......

And do you really only trap 109 @ 15psi? That thing must really love high boost.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I was powershifting from 3rd to 4th, and I thought I went into reverse from the way the shift knob went. But maybe it was second, it happened very fast with the car skidding violently and grinding. A mid 13 second Neon SRT beat me in the process, I hope I made his day.

As for the Spec2 clutch, it has taken tons of abuse, but I think that missed shift might have killed it.

Yup 15psi only got me 109mph, probably could have gotton a couple more mph if I would have launched with more RPM. Thats ok, I only run 15psi when I don't mean too..Its amaising how this turbo responds when it gets around 20+ psi.

3,796 Posts
Yea my upgraded CT will trap 108 @ 15psi but Im sure theres no way in hell Im gonna get a 119mph trap on this turbo. :p

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
yeah most likely u shifted into 2nd instead of R...wuld be nearly impossible to go into R at that point...but on a good note, You Shift Madd Hard Yo! :D

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
actually, the original source of "madd ____ yo" is "I ShiFt [email protected] KwiK Yo!i!"

so He SHiftS [email protected] Kw!k Yo!!!!11!eleven!

i find it nearly impossible to shift into a synchro-less gear at any rpm or speed... hell, even at a Dead stop, it can be hard to get into Reverse.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
that is tru flubyux2...but in his case he shifted soo hard he broke his clutch!!:lol:

just like when i broke my gas pedal...i drive madd hard yo...of course i was going fast but my quickness didnt break the pedal, my hardness did ;) :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
ya you put it into 2, otherwise your tranny wouldve been on the ground.

sucks, but hey, at least your car is fast.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"ya you put it into 2, otherwise your tranny wouldve been on the ground."

Yeah I thought I was going to see some gears rolling up the track along side of me...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts