Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Supraforums-members,

although I am not a very active writer on this forum (due to the lack of time), I read it a lot because of the useful interesting topics, and I am also a longtime Supra-enthousiast and owner.

I do not like to give negative comments, but I feel like I have to be honest and post my story about my last order from MVP Motorsports.

After some positive buys and experiences with MVP and Robert in the past, I paid a new order on the 24th of May 2015.
Robert emailed me a confirmation of the payment of the order on the 27th of May.

On the 8th of June I emailed to ask an update about my order. Robert replied on the 9th of June to me that he requested the status of my order.
After that, I did not receive any emails or updates, so on the 23th of June I send Robert an email (again) to request my status, because I needed the parts for a project.
I did not receive a reply back in the first days, so I called MVP, and asked Robert on the phone why communication was so poor and why I did not get a fixed date for shipment of my order. He answered that he would get after it and email me some information. He also said on the phone that one part was a special order from Japan that could take up to 3 Months to deliver (sadly he did not mentioned that before I paid my order; then I would have chosen an alternative)
So on the 29th of June I get an email from Robert that his supplier does not reply to him, but that he would manage to get 1 of the 2 still missing parts in their warehouse that Friday the 3th of July.
The 30th of June, Robert sends me a confirmation that 1 part surely will be there Friday the 3th of July.
That Friday on the 3th of July, I emailed Robert again to ask if that one part arrived at their warehouse, but he responded me that due to the 4th of July, the shipment did not arrive, but it would arrive on Monday the 6th of July.
So I called Tuesday the 7th of July to ask if the part came in, but he still didn't receive it, and would email me an answer the next morning.
Wednesday the 8th of July I called Robert at MVP, but the first 2 times he hung up the phone. So I call him a 3th time, and said I was not happy with all the delay and false promises, and that I really wanted an answer/date for the completion of the shipping. He put me on hold and after some minutes he told me that the part (what should come in on the 3th of July), will be delayed for another 2 weeks, and that the other supplier from Japan did not respond to him, so that I would probably had to wait another 2 to 3 Months.
So I ask him to ship out the rest of the parts, so I can proceed my project, and to ship both 2 missing parts when they receive them both in their warehouse.
I also emailed him that same Wednesday to ask my tracking number and invoice; only the tracking number was replied.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today the 14th of July 2015, after a long delay and bad communication, I finally received my shipment, but sadly enough and disappointed, the shipment packaging was already heavily damaged. One part was damaged, and although Robert stated that the order was complete (except for those 2 parts who take forever), I noticed that also other parts (that should be shipped out) were missing/lost/incomplete.

So I think I already got a lot of patience, and at a certain level, you should fix your problems/complaints as a decent company, stand up for your client, and do what you promised (and what the client paid for).

I am really disappointed about this order/MVP, certainly because several previous orders in the past years all went good without any problems.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
I too am having a not so wonderful experience with MVP at the moment! No response to two different emails I sent requesting a tracking number for a part I was charged for on 7/1/2015. I was able to call and speak with Robert, who assured me I would have a tracking number by Monday - here we are Wednesday, no response to my email yesterday and no tracking number...

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Wow, this seems to be a recurring theme with mvp in the last year or so.

·
Boost Junkie
12,908 Posts
Hmm, weird. My experience has been the opposite and we've been ordering a lot of parts from Japan as well for my SC300 and the Supra.

Hope they take care of you.

Steve

·
MVP Motorsports
2,853 Posts
Hello Maxim,

The last correspondence I had received from you was on July 8th confirming that your items had shipped after the ETA on your strut bar was pushed back again by Cusco. I do apologize for the delay on that but it is out of my control, I have to simply rely on my suppliers to give me factual information. The other strut bar you have known for weeks now the ETA on a SPECIAL ORDER Do Luck item from Japan. You then requested that I ship it later with the Cusco which I agreed to cover the freight for you at no additional fee for you. On top of that claiming I hung up on you is entirely FALSE. I have never hung up on anyone in my 8 years with the company. I have been yelled at, cursed at and pushed to the edge for either damaged items that landed, a delay in shipping, pushed back ETA's etc and never have I hung up on someone.

On 3 separate occasions I was one the phone with you for 30-45 minutes each time with you repeating your 3 main issues with the transaction: Do Luck not replying back to our air freight request, how my communication was not up to your standards (even though every email in my Inbox from you was replied to from both of your email addresses), and that I essentially need to update you practically daily on a product which you already knew was months out on special order from Japan. Also to touch on communication there were days you sent me as many as 4 emails, I would read them all and reply to the last one sent so no matter what you did receive a response. There was only ONE time that I was not able to get your call and that is because you called on a day I leave early to get my daughter (every Thursday).

Secondly, I have ZERO emails from you stating an item arrived damaged. If the item arrived damaged chances are something could have fallen out. In either case that is why your package is fully insured. All we would have needed from you is an email stating the product arrived damaged/missing, we file a claim with FedEx and they pay for your replacement item. That is the purpose of insurance on EVERY package we send out but we cannot do anything about it if we are not notified of said damage.
Instead of you emailing me about the damage/missing item, you instead come on here and title this thread that you received your MVP order missing/damaged. How is that fair to me/MVP when you haven't even notified us of the damage/missing item?

In summary, your complaints are:
#1: Lack of service / communication
#2: Delay of product arriving
#3: Damaged or missing item(s)

But your complaints are not based on facts or reason.
#1: I've answered ALL of your emails. I've spent HOURS on the phone with you and answered all your calls except one (because I was gone for the day). How is that lack of service or lack of communication?
#2: Cusco bar - Yes its been delayed. I can't control that, no one can. I'm not Cusco Japan. I'm not Cusco USA. Whey you ask me for an ETA I email Cusco USA and they give me an ETA, which I then forward that information to you. If it turns out to be incorrect, then I can apologize to you and get you a new ETA, but I can not CONTROL the ETA or the incorrect information coming from Cusco USA.
Do Luck bar - Special Order from Japan - which you knew before you ordered. These things take a LONG TIME. This was made clear to you before you ordered.
#3: No communication to MVP to inform us you have an item missing or damaged, thus no opportunity to fix your issue was given to us.

Regards,

Robert

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To Robert:

I can prove all claimed issues with emails; of course the only thing that you can doubt is about the 'hanging up', but I called again directly after and nobody picked up the phone again. What is kind of strange though, is that I never received a response/email so quickly as now, so maybe writing everything on the forum would make faster communication then email.

Yes of course that I sometimes sended you different emails in one day, mostly of them were the same, because generally it took 3 to 4 days to respond. And as I made immediately clear, these parts were kind of urgent, so after almost 2 Months it's normal that someone's patience gets crushed.
When I made the order originally; you never stated that the Do-Luck rear strut bar would take up to 3 Months and that the Cusco bar would also be hard to get. The Cusco bar is maybe out of your control, but about Do-Luck you should informed me right away, before taking the order and payment, that it would take 3 Months. That would be correct customer service, and not informing me about the 3 Months waiting time after I called myself about 1 Month after the order placement.

And indeed, I did not send you an email about the shipped packaged being damaged, because it seems like a lost effort after all the trouble. Although I started a discussion on Paypal about that, so you should already clearly know about the damaged shipping. Also, I made a claim to the FedEx courier that the package was damaged, which he noted on his tablet, and that I personally signed; so you can check that with FedEx (if they are honest).

Also, the promised items that should been in the package, besides the Do-Luck bar that is damaged, are not complete; 2 of them not in either of the boxes and one set of bushings that is incomplete (and that is of course without the Do-Luck and Cusco bar).

Anyway, in the previous orders/transactions I always was a satisfied customer, so something should be wrong this time, otherwise I would not make any negative comment.
Bottom line is that I still have paid for the whole order, and not received it as promised. All I get are excuses for delays. All these kinds of problems could be avoided by just to be clear about what parts you really have in stock, and what's the waiting time for the others, before taking the order.

PS: I can post photos of the damaged box/item, but I leave that to Robert if he wants these pictures in this thread or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too am having a not so wonderful experience with MVP at the moment! No response to two different emails I sent requesting a tracking number for a part I was charged for on 7/1/2015. I was able to call and speak with Robert, who assured me I would have a tracking number by Monday - here we are Wednesday, no response to my email yesterday and no tracking number...
Well, that's kind of the same situation I experience now for over a Month.

·
MVP Motorsports
2,853 Posts
Here is every email on my first page of our correspondence. AS you can tell everything was replied to the day of your email or by the next working day. The last email you sent me was a request to send you your invoice which I did send to you. If you did not receive it I apologize and I can send again. I made the offer to ship everything out a couple of weeks ago and you declined hoping that Cusco would hold true to their ETA. After their last failed ETA you made the call to ship everything we had minus the 2 bars which we had done but I put that offer on the table 2 weeks ago.

Letting FedEx know the package was damaged was a very good move on your part as it will help the claim process but we do still need you to notify us of the damage so we can attack it from our end to get it done faster. We have a person here who solely does damage claims or lost items and stays on the shipping companies we use to try to make it as streamline as possible when it comes to these issues. If you could please send an email with photographs of the package and where they were damaged along with photos of the items that made it to you I would greatly appreciate it. Please send it to [email protected] and CC myself to ensure it gets started today. I just checked your tracking number and there is no mention of a damaged delivery. At the end of the day the last thing FedEx wants to do is payout money to replace items they lost or damaged so ALWAYS reach out to us once you find something is damaged.

When you email me I work from oldest email to the newest sir so yes you may have to wait a few hours before I respond. I am logged into SupraForums for the most part all day long and try to handle questions, quotes etc that get sent to me via PM or posted up here as they come in.

Regards,
Robert

·
MVP Motorsports
2,853 Posts
Well, that's kind of the same situation I experience now for over a Month.
Dan94TT has also been taken care of and he understood delays happen. His item landed to me last night and was sent via overnight priority just moments ago for the delay.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is every email on my first page of our correspondence. AS you can tell everything was replied to the day of your email or by the next working day. The last email you sent me was a request to send you your invoice which I did send to you. If you did not receive it I apologize and I can send again. I made the offer to ship everything out a couple of weeks ago and you declined hoping that Cusco would hold true to their ETA. After their last failed ETA you made the call to ship everything we had minus the 2 bars which we had done but I put that offer on the table 2 weeks ago.

Letting FedEx know the package was damaged was a very good move on your part as it will help the claim process but we do still need you to notify us of the damage so we can attack it from our end to get it done faster. We have a person here who solely does damage claims or lost items and stays on the shipping companies we use to try to make it as streamline as possible when it comes to these issues. If you could please send an email with photographs of the package and where they were damaged along with photos of the items that made it to you I would greatly appreciate it. Please send it to [email protected] and CC myself to ensure it gets started today. I just checked your tracking number and there is no mention of a damaged delivery. At the end of the day the last thing FedEx wants to do is payout money to replace items they lost or damaged so ALWAYS reach out to us once you find something is damaged.

When you email me I work from oldest email to the newest sir so yes you may have to wait a few hours before I respond. I am logged into SupraForums for the most part all day long and try to handle questions, quotes etc that get sent to me via PM or posted up here as they come in.

Regards,
Robert
Weird that I still did NOT received any invoice. And as I told you on the phone Robert (before shipment!) a lot of people here (in Belgium) complain about FedEx, and I also had negative experiences with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still no response to the missing parts that should be shipped (and promised):
- R2 Racing Steering Rack Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra: Part # R2R 800-ST100
- Powerhouse Racing Modified 2JZ Timing Gear: Part # PHR 01011027
- incomplete (see photos): R2 Racing Control Arm Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Rear: Part # R2R 800-CA300

·
MVP Motorsports
2,853 Posts
From post #10 sir, nearly 3 hours ago:

If you could please send an email with photographs of the package and where they were damaged along with photos of the items that made it to you I would greatly appreciate it. Please send it to [email protected] and CC myself to ensure it gets started today.

Regards,
Robert

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.