Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my turbo has been slowly dying. It finally saw it's last positive boost numbers. I mean it is gone. When i got the car, it would boost about 4psi, gone down since. But there is a strange problem.

Any time i rev past about 4K my engine sounds funny. It's almost like it's starving for oil or something. No clanking, nothing that sounds really bad. But i can't make it out for the life of me. I don't know if it's just the turbo or what it is.

I don't really know how else to describe it. It's just like a starving sound if that makes any sense. I have a smooth idle and no real problem with oil pressure but something sounds off.

If all the problem is that i just need a new turbo and that will fix it, great, i'll buy one tomorrow. I just want to be sure before i go out and buy one.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
well our engines arnt known to sound the smoothest at high rpm...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do you just think that it's an air starvation? I didn't know about the engine not sounding smooth. That's almost good to know. I think that i'm just going to get another CT-26 and test it out.

Thanks

3,796 Posts
Your turbo is trying to turn but it cant cause its seized. That would probably make some nasty noises...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i've got a working CT-26 coming in the mail. Hopefully this will fix everything. I mean the engine still has great torque but once i hit about 4K NOTHING and i mean No Go slow as hell. So this should cure my ailment.

G

·
probably is making the death whine; it sounds like a mid-tone
whine or drone noise.

that's the air forcing past the turbine blades under vacumme
because the turbo is siezed

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that's what i'm hoping. I'm also getting myself a X-Mas present. A complete 3" exhaust with single Sport Cat and a single muffler. I should be up here and moving pretty good here in a few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.