Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so I made a mistake, a BIG mistake. I was hill racing the other day, and went into a little bit of a drift. The guy I was racing did the same thing, and pulled over after he got traction again. Me, not wanting him to know that I didn't mean to get into that drift, bust out an E Brake 180 (please don't tell me how stupid that was, I already know) to try to offset any idea he might have about the "accidental drift".

So I park by him and we talk, anyway, back on topic, when I pull away to head back home, I am hearing this thumping noise in the rear. I am pretty sure its just a flat worn spot on my Pilot Sports from the E-Brake turn. This is NOT the case. After the sound got worse, and I swore I could feel a slight "looseness" in the rear, I put the car on some jack stands. When you put it into gear, and start to spin the wheels, something hesitates. Its like the rear axle doesn't want to move at first, and then it makes this horrid metal on metal noise. You can feel all kinds of shyte lose back there. So I am guessing axle, differential, what? I already checked all the bolts on everything, they are all tight as hell, so I am thinking maybe the axle is cracked. I'm still learning about my car, and reading up as much as I can about it, so I just figured I'd ask for some advice from the people that know my car best. You. Help me out, I would REALLY appreciate some opinions here, besides how big of a moron I am for doing this.

NEVER AGAIN BABY!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANYONE?!?!

My friend has a 93.5 Supra and is almost a Toyota Certified Mec., and he told me this is extremely rare due to the fact that the car has some of the strongest parts around. I guess the axles etc are supposed to be pretty damn strong, so of course he doubts my story and thinks I hit a curb or something. I need to fix this ASAP for a race against a Stillen 300Z next weekend, help me out peeps. Please! I will be eternaly grateful!

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Have someone or yourself open up the rear diff. and check it out. Check to see if there are any metal shavings in the gear oil. Once on jacks and the rear diff is open try spinning the wheels and check the drive shaft for any loose spots... it shouldnt have any large gaps.... it sounds like the rear diff might be bad from locking up so fast depending on how fast you were going? I'm not sure but its always best to check than to guess. Good luck. Let me know how everything goes.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could just be the handbrake shoes ......... no doubt disturbed by the cover up manoeuvre;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts