Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to start my car, and nothing happens, i got power throughout the cabin, but the engine will not crank at all, so it can't be the alternator right? so now i'm thinkin its the starter.....and clues?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
is it clicking? is it clicking once or a multitude of times?

·
Registered
206 Posts
My starter is doing the same thing,I let it sit for a day and it started right up. I'm replacing my terminals and wires tomorrow.

·
Banned
400 Posts
jurkey77 said:
if it will click when it u turn the key but wont crank is that the starter?

Put some jumper cables on it and try it...if it starts,then its just the terminals

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tried jumpin it, no go. And when i go to start it there is no clicking nothing happens at all.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am having the same problem. One second the car cranked over fine the next it wont do anything when i try to start it i am going to be changing my starter tomorrow. I tried changing my terminals but nothing. I even tried banging it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i tried jumping it..no go
i tried hitting it as best i could.. no go
all it does is click so im gonna change the starter this weekend unless anyone else can think of a problem

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i'lll bet you 20 to 1 it's your relay. i had the same problem with you. i changed every single wire to my starter, and still the same problem. i added grounds, changed terminals, cleaned everything, same thing. i changed my starter like 8 times (got pretty good at it too), and same thing. finally, i gave up, and bypassed the starter switch and installed a jumper wire to the starter engage wire (smaller of the two wires). i took that and touched it to +battery whenever i had the problem, and BOOM, always worked :).

·
Registered
449 Posts
yeup.. i vote on the tapp..

tap the solenoild with something.. it's the thingamajobber above the bigger part of the starter...haha...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts