Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eat a bag
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some nice rims (18x9/18x10)but the offset is +24mm. From what I know I need something like a 36mm offset so can I use spacers to make them fit? If I can, will it hurt performance a lot?

Thanks
Jeff

B

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't. I do not feel like they are the safe way to go. The front off set should be +41-+44. I had a set of Racing hart Tracer's with an off set of +38 and used spacer, but pulled the rims and spacers off. The studs were almost to short with spacers. Now I have Racing Hart C5's with an off set of +41still very close to the big front caliper,but now the studs have the thread length that I want.

David B.
94TT

A

·
0 Posts
If you use spacers with studs instead of just a spacer, you will not have the problem of short studs. Many of the SCCA racers will use them to get maximum offset without comprimising wheel clearance. IMO.

R

·
0 Posts
I wouldnt mind having spacers just to make the stock rims look a little better.:D

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
AKA SIR said:
I found some nice rims (18x9/18x10)but the offset is +24mm. From what I know I need something like a 36mm offset so can I use spacers to make them fit? If I can, will it hurt performance a lot?

Thanks
Jeff
You do realize that with the 24mm offset wheels, you need the exact OPPOSITE of a spacer to get them to fit, right? Less offset = wheel sticks out more......

Andi

A

·
0 Posts
I agree that spacers should only be used to fill a void when using stock or very close to offeset. I have seen extremes and dont consider them very safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts