Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question is how about tires on rear?
When i was at BPU level i was happy with my setup 265/35 R18" but now it is dramaticly bad! I have wheel spins at 4th gear too! With Eibach springs and Kyb AGX is this 265 absolutly maximum what can fit on my rear. BFG 275 are too much and hitting with the sidewall :dunno:

How to install something wider, like 315 or something? How much work is needed on the body? Or how about to fix it with another ET of rims ?

Thanx for help.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
3 words ... BFG DRAG RADIALS... ive pushed them to about 650rwhp and have had no traction problems. Above 650 1/2 get alittle shakey..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
michaelvanle said:
What's your width and offset in the rear? Cutting the fender lip is pretty easy. Rolling them would require a tool.
OZ Superlegerra 9"width (the do not larger width) 35offset

I will buy some another rims - this is clear now, but i want to do better decision now.

You mean only cut this 0,5" fender lip and let for example only 0,2" ?

And than roll it?

OK and what will be the max with after this mod? What is recomended ET ? If too much hitting fender, if too low hitting springs....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SteelCitySupra said:
3 words ... BFG DRAG RADIALS... ive pushed them to about 650rwhp and have had no traction problems. Above 650 1/2 get alittle shakey..
I have BF Goodrich Drag Radials 275/35 R18 in my Garage but they wil not fit now.

But modifiyng fenders should help .... I'll do that next week.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crossways said:
Wider tires are not going to solve your problem.
As SteelCitySupra mentioned, the solution is a stickier compound.
Compound will be magic? :dunno: My spinning is now horrible.

G

·
Get some DRs. The compound of the tire is much more important than pure width. Its no fun if the rear fishtail on you at 100mph+ .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BLITZSUPRA said:
Get the DRs and make sure you get 'em nice and hot by burning out. If the DRs aren't hot, they won't grip.
I dont mean only at DRAG strips, i was today nearly to crach because i wanted to overtake at around 75mph , but my back was faster :dunno: even on 4th gear!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boosted&Confused said:
Get some DRs. The compound of the tire is much more important than pure width. Its no fun if the rear fishtail on you at 100mph+ .
What about Yokohama Advan A048 ? They are badly expesive but should be fine.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
Veta said:
I have BF Goodrich Drag Radials 275/35 R18 in my Garage but they wil not fit now.

But modifiyng fenders should help .... I'll do that next week.
Well there is your solution... Stick those puppies on and you should have zero traction problems at BPU. If you drive it alot though, expect to swap rear tires once a summer... or ever 2500-3000 miles.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SteelCitySupra said:
Well there is your solution... Stick those puppies on and you should have zero traction problems at BPU. If you drive it alot though, expect to swap rear tires once a summer... or ever 2500-3000 miles.

Oooh i forgot to say: Now my car has sweet BL T67Ptrim :) at 1.2BAR (17,5PSI) was no big problem (at 3rd gear) but at 1.5BAR (22PSI) is imposible to find some traction even on 4th :run:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JUNIOR said:
I'd check tire pressures. Also what kind of wheels are you running that you can only run a 265? The offsets must not be correct.
What do you think is recomended offset and max with of rimms and tires?

·
Banned
911 Posts
Veta said:
Oooh i forgot to say: Now my car has sweet BL T67Ptrim :) at 1.2BAR (17,5PSI) was no big problem (at 3rd gear) but at 1.5BAR (22PSI) is imposible to find some traction even on 4th :run:
LOLZ. Thats why you are just killing those 265's. You need to get a 315 on there then you'll be happy.

·
Banned
911 Posts
Veta said:
What do you think is recomended offset and max with of rimms and tires?
To be honest to you- I am not the guy to talk to about that. But, I am sure you can get 11-11.5" on a stock body and will fit a 315. That will help out a lot. Try and do a search. I know this has been brought up many times. Sorry couldn't be more help. If, you want some aftermarket wheels let me know.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JUNIOR said:
LOLZ. Thats why you are just killing those 265's. You need to get a 315 on there then you'll be happy.
What need i to do? How to insert this 315 in my rear? How much work on the fenders ?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JUNIOR said:
To be honest to you- I am not the guy to talk to about that. But, I am sure you can get 11-11.5" on a stock body and will fit a 315. That will help out a lot. Try and do a search. I know this has been brought up many times. Sorry couldn't be more help. If, you want some aftermarket wheels let me know.

OK i know "Try to search" :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I wouldn't use the BFGs if you ever encounter RAIN. Nitto 555R will handle rain very well and while it's true they are less sticky they won't kill you in the rain either...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts