Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is incredible. This is the kind of stuff we have to contend with here in Charlotte. Wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley :) Anyway, thought you guys might find this entertaining. I have talked to the guys at Underground a number of times and they are a good group (two brothers) of guys. They have been complimentary of my Supra (and not in a condensending sort of way). They don't (or at least not that I am aware of) do much tuning of imports. I have dyno'd my car a couple of times at their shop only to get embarrassed when they pull out one of their vipers. Ugly. I still can't believe that the chart is in its detuned state. 500 rwhp and over 750 lb/tq at 3.4K rpm!

http://undergroundracing.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~5336.asp

He wipes his brow in the video like man that was tough work.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Was this the same guys that "graced" us with there presence at the supra meet at quaker steak and lube the other month?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't think that they were there but I could be wrong. I wasn't there very long. I had the '98 QS Single turbo Supra. The two brothers names are KC and Kevin Howeth. I really don't remember any Vipers there when I was there just stangs and vettes. Did they come after the group moved over to the Honda dealership or am I thinking about the wrong meet?

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
weswork said:
I don't think that they were there but I could be wrong. I wasn't there very long. I had the '98 QS Single turbo Supra. The two brothers names are KC and Kevin Horvath. I really don't remember any Vipers there when I was there just stangs and vettes. Did they come after the group moved over to the Honda dealership or am I thinking about the wrong meet?
Same meet, it was about dark when they rolled in.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which Viper were they in? The blue GTS with white stripes or the silver SRT10? Also, I was curious as to why you said "blessed"? Did they act kind of stand offish? I am suprised that I missed them because I was there till around 8 or 9 and I know they would have come over and talked to me. Did I get I chance to meet you that night?

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
weswork said:
Which Viper were they in? The blue GTS with white stripes or the silver SRT10? Also, I was curious as to why you said "blessed"? Did they act kind of stand offish? I am suprised that I missed them because I was there till around 8 or 9 and I know they would have come over and talked to me. Did I get I chance to meet you that night?
Kinda a long story, dont wanna get into it. Its no big deal, I just go out of my way to be friendly and I guess they dont? Its cool though. Umm, not sure if i met you that night or not, I was in the candy red wingless TT? If we didnt meet that night, nice to meet you now.
These guys rolled up in 2 vipers, cant remember the colors. They used to own a saleen apparently?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Undergorund rocks if I had the money I would take my viper there.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Wow, that thing is nasty!!!!!

There were like 8 vipers in that shop, too. :D

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
700 RWTQ at 3000 rpm, sounds like a good autocross car..... :ugh!: Vipers are easy enough to spin in corners with the stock 500 ft-lbs, it must be incredibly dangerous to (attempt) to drive that thing anywhere. Although I'm sure it would keep you entertained. If I had a Viper I wouldn't want to turn it into such a ridiculous barely controllable beast, those mods are amazing but make it less of a useful track car and more of a staight line freak show only! Even then, on the street you could probably get wheelspin at 140 mph!

For me a nice 750 BHP NA stroker with NOS for the strip would be adequate, thanks. :) OK well maybe if I could afford two Vipers I would have one twin-turbo freak car also. :bigthumb:

Also, even though that Viper was incredibly powerful, it just isnt' much fun to watch them dyno, is it? Pretty ordinary looking. A nasty 1000 RWHP Supra at least sounds 2X as intense.

·
I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!
640 Posts
Slither that was them at the meet back in december. They don't come off as the most of friendly of people unless they really know you. I have had my run ins with them before a well but have no probs of any sort now.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Josh M said:
That thing is crazy! Too bad they don't rev too high :( Awesome car! I'd be scared if he rolled up next to me

....too bad they don't rev high....

W T F :freak:

Who cares how high they rev?

800lbs/tq at idle > rev of any sort.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
700 RWTQ at 3000 rpm, sounds like a good autocross car..... :ugh!: Vipers are easy enough to spin in corners with the stock 500 ft-lbs, it must be incredibly dangerous to (attempt) to drive that thing anywhere. Although I'm sure it would keep you entertained. If I had a Viper I wouldn't want to turn it into such a ridiculous barely controllable beast, those mods are amazing but make it less of a useful track car and more of a staight line freak show only! Even then, on the street you could probably get wheelspin at 140 mph!

For me a nice 750 BHP NA stroker with NOS for the strip would be adequate, thanks. :) OK well maybe if I could afford two Vipers I would have one twin-turbo freak car also. :bigthumb:

Also, even though that Viper was incredibly powerful, it just isnt' much fun to watch them dyno, is it? Pretty ordinary looking. A nasty 1000 RWHP Supra at least sounds 2X as intense.

Vipers are easy to control if you are able to rely on your reflexes rather than electronics to save your ass ;) Even heavily modified they are relativly easy to control, and are far from "straitline freak shows". Now, some of the extreme cars..yeah, they loose all street manors. 1xxx hp is overkill for just about anything on the street. 650rwhp w/o lag is the perfect street machine. Within a week of owning my first viper, I needed more power :lol:

My GTS was by far the best car I have ever owned. I'm trying to work my way into a 3rd installment, as they are one of the few cars I've ever been truely comfortable piloting on both street and track.

·
0 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
!

Hey - that sounds like my car!!! :bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts