Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I dont know exactly how to put this, but here I go. I run ETTC and it worked great for about 3 months. One day though, about 2 months ago, I pulled out of a driveway and punched it and my boost was basically gone. I normally run about 21lbs on a constant basis, meaning I never turn it down, I just leave it at 21lbs. Well, that time I got on it and I got like13lbs of boost. I got on it numerous times with the same results! I pulled over, left the car running, popped the hood, and jiggled all the shit I could get my hands on, and got back in the car and floored it. Surprise, FULL boost was back! It went on like this for a few months. It would, out of nowhere, lose almost all the boost, and I would get under the hood and jiggle everything around, and its back. Makes me think something is loose under the hood, BUT let me throw a wrench into the equation. Another way I found to cure the NO BOOST, sometimes, is to put car in a higher gear like 4th, and floor it while holding my foot on the brake. Sometimes this will make it sorta kick in, and from that point on, it ran full boost like it was supposed to. Well, today, really took the cake!! I tok the car out and it was acting up. No boost, and none of the under the hood jiggling or brake boosting would cure it. I was really pissed!! So I switch over to Sequential mode (Again I have ETTC and always stay in TTC). It decided to work ONCE, so I put it back in TTC and no cigar. ARGHHH!!!! Back into Sequential and no cigar either unless I dabbled with the gas peddle and then floored it. Then it worked a few more times. Back in TTC and nothing. I officially gave up. I have no idea what the heck is going on AT ALL!!

What symptoms would there be if my actuators are going bad? Could this cause my problem?? Would going permanent TTC help or is there something else going on?? Bad boost controller (I have HKS EVC EZ)?? Any info would be greatly appreciated, even if you just have to tell me that I am SOL....lol...I need to know! Thanks in advance! Peace to all!

·
Registered
658 Posts
can't be a bad vsv as TTC cuts tehm out of the equation. Could be a bad turbo 21 psi of boost will kill number 2 sooner rather than later you will get the death whine shortly if so. check you IC to see if you have a lot of oil in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts