Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· hardtopper
2,617 Posts
MSP is down close to there.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What exactly are you looking to get done?
Well this been a project ongoing for about 2 years and i am half way stock because i am not very happy with the place were i go (no names) i went single and based on there advise i purchased the aem standalone and everything went sour every two weeks the car wont start and i have to get it towed to the place they tell me nothing wrong on they side so i pay for towing and for troubleshooting and back to square one.
I need someone to pinpoint the problem that i am facing first with the start up and then some .

· Registered
1,252 Posts
You also might want to give Ray at PFS a shout at pfsupercars.com
He stays a bit backed up but his work and his business ethics are
some of the best you will find. I will be taking my Supra to him soon
for a meth/water injection and re-tune for the AEM. His shop is a little
ways from you in Frederick, but Ray's work is worth the trip.
Wayne

· Banned
191 Posts
From what I hear you will be paying a pretty penny at ISP and PFS. I called PFS to ask about installing my LSD diff into my pumpkin and they quoted me $900! After doing more research it would have involved pulling off axles, pulling out diff, opening cover and swapping open vs. lsd diff. Quite crazy if you ask me...I did it myself in about 3 hours all alone with NO air tools!

· Banned
435 Posts
When installing a differential, you should always check the gear backlash for proper tooth contact pattern or else you may experience a whine and/or reduced life of the ring and pinion. If the pattern is not correct, it involves disassembling everything again, adding/removing shims until its right which can take a while.

Just swapping out the differential is not the proper way to install it and that is why it only took you 3 hours.

· Premium Member
5,399 Posts
From what I hear you will be paying a pretty penny at ISP and PFS. I called PFS to ask about installing my LSD diff into my pumpkin and they quoted me $900! After doing more research it would have involved pulling off axles, pulling out diff, opening cover and swapping open vs. lsd diff. Quite crazy if you ask me...I did it myself in about 3 hours all alone with NO air tools!
i agree...900 to put in a lsd is ridiculous. even at 90 an hour that would be 10 hours. No way. I installed mine and has been flawless for 5-6 years now. And it took about 3 hours or so. I could do it in much less time now. Its not that hard doing it and checking everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.