Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here work at a bank? I have an issue that I need to speak with someone about, no matter what bank you work at.
Here's the jist of the story.
I sold an evo about a month ago (my name was not on the title), person bought it for 24K, took out a loan, and the check the loan office gave him was to the name on the title. No biggy, took the check to the woman whose name was on the title, she signed it over to me. Didn't have a chance to deposit it into the bank till this week, Go to citibank, and they want her to be with me when I deposit it. Now she's not picking up. Went to her house, her husband or man friend or whatever tha hell he is said she went to Mexico for a few months due to some family emergency. I'm broke, and I have this 24K dollar check that I can't fucking deposit.
Any Ideas?
please keep ignorant comments to a minimum as I really need some type of assitance with this.
thx
~Ahmed

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Unfortunately that is what is considered a 3rd party check. Most banks will not accept a 3rd party check without everyone present. Some possible hints: Some currency exchanges will cash the check but then you have to pay their 2% fee or whatever it is. One of my bankers at my work said the banks inside Walmarts will sometimes cash 3rd party checks, again there is a fee involved. The problem you are going to run into is the amount of the check being so high. Do some calling around to local banks explaining the situation and hopefully you get lucky! Good luck.

·
D-Bag
560 Posts
Just take the check to another branch until you find a teller who does not know what there doing or does not care. But if you do get turned down at another branch just make sure not to cause a scene.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Anyone here work at a bank? I have an issue that I need to speak with someone about, no matter what bank you work at.
Here's the jist of the story.
I sold an evo about a month ago (my name was not on the title), person bought it for 24K, took out a loan, and the check the loan office gave him was to the name on the title. No biggy, took the check to the woman whose name was on the title, she signed it over to me. Didn't have a chance to deposit it into the bank till this week, Go to citibank, and they want her to be with me when I deposit it. Now she's not picking up. Went to her house, her husband or man friend or whatever tha hell he is said she went to Mexico for a few months due to some family emergency. I'm broke, and I have this 24K dollar check that I can't fucking deposit.
Any Ideas?
please keep ignorant comments to a minimum as I really need some type of assitance with this.
thx
~Ahmed
It might not be a big deal ; maybe the bank just wants to verify that the funds they originated were used for the intended purpose. There are a lot of people trying to take out loans right now. Most of them are for purposes that are not for what it was intended. Example ; I know a lot of people taking out student loans and having the check sent to their home instead of going straight to their school . This is to receive that low interest educational rate. Feel free to ask me any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts