Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a chart or formula which converts "bar" boost measurement to "psi" and vice versa, would you please post it. Any related links also would be helpful.




94 TT 6-speed Targa
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,417 Posts
Dale,

1 BAR = 14.508 psi

To get incremental values just do the math. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,

Thanks. (The mkiv site still is down or I would have gotten it from there.)

BTW, your check is in the mail. (As is one to Mohd for the dp.) Let's hope for some nice weather in the next couple of weeks so we can do the switch. I'll let you know when the dp arrives. (I'm having it sent to the office and hope it doesn't creat a bomb scare.)

Dale
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Just remember that everybody says bar but means kgf/cm2.... since *NO* gauges or boost controllers measure in bar.... they measure in kgf/cm2 or psi.

1 kgf/cm2 = 14.22psi

So when your greddy gauge says 1.2 kgf/cm2, that' exactly 17psi.. and 2.0 kgf/cm2 = 28.4psi

Regards,
Andi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all who responded. All the info is very helpful.

I have a follow-up question. I am in the process of going BPU and was trying to make a decision on which boost gauge to buy for the clock location. I want it to match the stock instruments (Black face / green backlight). Mohd tells me the only 52 mm eletronic gauge is the Greedy which reads in kg/cm2. Although I guess I can get used to the "bar" measurement, I really was looking for a 52 mm electronic gauge with the more simple (for me) to read p.s.i. Anybody know of another gauge which fits these requirements i.e. 52mm, electronic, black face, green backlight, p.s.i.?


Dale Talbert
94 TT 6-speed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Andi said:
Just remember that everybody says bar but means kgf/cm2.... since *NO* gauges or boost controllers measure in bar.... they measure in kgf/cm2 or psi.

1 kgf/cm2 = 14.22psi

So when your greddy gauge says 1.2 kgf/cm2, that' exactly 17psi.. and 2.0 kgf/cm2 = 28.4psi

Regards,
Andi
Andi,

My Apexi EL Electronic gauge units are "Reading x100kPa" so a reading of 1.0 on the gauge does in fact equal 1.0bar. I know a lot of people are running the Apexi gauges which read in Bar, while the Greddy gauges read in kgf/cm2.
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Josh S said:


Andi,

My Apexi EL Electronic gauge units are "Reading x100kPa" so a reading of 1.0 on the gauge does in fact equal 1.0bar. I know a lot of people are running the Apexi gauges which read in Bar, while the Greddy gauges read in kgf/cm2.
That's the first I've heard of that. I stand corrected.

I do have a question.... are there different Apexi boost gauges that read in different scales? :confused:



Andi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Andi said:


That's the first I've heard of that. I stand corrected.

I do have a question.... are there different Apexi boost gauges that read in different scales? :confused:



Andi
Strange, maybe I have a freak gauge. Anyway I'm attaching a scan of the box that shows kPa. Wonder if mine is an old model, or a newer one? Anyone else have one like mine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
dtalbert said:
Thanks to all who responded. All the info is very helpful.

I have a follow-up question. I am in the process of going BPU and was trying to make a decision on which boost gauge to buy for the clock location. I want it to match the stock instruments (Black face / green backlight). Mohd tells me the only 52 mm eletronic gauge is the Greedy which reads in kg/cm2. Although I guess I can get used to the "bar" measurement, I really was looking for a 52 mm electronic gauge with the more simple (for me) to read p.s.i. Anybody know of another gauge which fits these requirements i.e. 52mm, electronic, black face, green backlight, p.s.i.?


Dale Talbert
94 TT 6-speed
You could get an Autometer gauge, but a lot of guys on here will trash it because it isn't Japanese. Mine works fine. The only thing I wish I had was peak hold. But in 52mm (2 1/16") there isn't a peak hold. At least I don't think there is.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top