Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, this is the story of my 3rd supra. I've had my first supra in 2006 when I still lived in New-Zealand, and i knew immediately this is the car for me, and I'll have a lot more in my life. Started with a silver 1995 NA manual with 266000km on the odo, and it ran perfect. had some small things, but had also lots of km's.

Back in Holland, bought my second Supra in 2007, a 1994 NA manual, it was red, and a lot more expensive, as the Supra is quite rare in europe. Not a big fan of red, so sold it with a big profit.

Now in 2009, working at a mercedes benz dealership, and all those fast beautiful cars around me all day made me want to get another supra, but just one as daily drive. decided for the NA auto this time, because in the world of mercedes benz (I'm sorry i know it's totaly different from the supra world, but still) an manual is kinda not done. And i like auto's, so it had to be auto. NA because of the reliability and costs. I really wanted a TARGA, but they are VERY rare over here, almost every supra is hardtop, and because of the way i wanted to drive this car (no racing, drifting whatsoever) it was perfect. Started looking and found a supra on internet which had been standing still for 4 years. It was too good to be true cheap, and contacted the owner. Could pick it up asap.

Went to the UK, where the car was located, and found the most abused supra i've ever seen!! It hurt me, but also made me angry, almost the complete body was paintless, brake discs were almost gone by rust, wheel arch on one side was far gone, and from the inside it was a total mess. It started quite fast, but ran on 5 cylinders. I told the owner this is not what i expected, so i decided not to take the car, or for a steal price. and that's what happened, stealing the car would cost more.....

here are pictures, hope you enjoy!!

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are the next steps in the repair and loving of the car... In the paintshop i got a new wheel arch, from the RSP supra as you can see, cut it out with danger for my own life, and it always hurts to see a supra like that afterwards. it was quite a lot of work to get the body smooth, but it worked out verry nice. Also removed the ugly rear wiper and aerial.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finally the painter was done and got to pick up my much beloved car. the colour is IBIS white from the new audi S3, S5, etc... (colourcode T9T9)

As you'll see in the pictures i had to rebuilt the car myself, but it's a hobby job, so i love it. also brakes, brake lines, engine, interior, exhaust was all done by myself with a little help from friends and brother, so got most of all my own love, blood and sweat in it. really hope you like it, gonna drive it a lot, that's where it was made for, this 93 NA auto targa.

Still workin on it, and will do a TT swap in the future some day, but now i only wat to enjoy it like it is, just the height and the wheel offset gonna get some work in the near future. also a front splitter lip is coming very soon.

let me know what you think!!

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
just curious but why did you go this route? If your in the EU how hard is it to import a JDM supra turbo from japan? its near impossible in americans because its really hard with all our government mandates.
It's quite easy to import a car, no matter what, but wanted a NA for fuel efficiency and reliability for the time beiing. If any situation changes, i'll see through the possibilities for a tt swap. Also taxes for TT are MUCH higher for import as the TT supra was 90.000 euro new in Holland.

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
Haha I had to comment on cutting a quarter panel off of a RSP hardtop to put on a NA automatic... I'm sure the RSP was already junk and hardtops are common there, but that makes this American cry just a little bit.

Nice work so far though, its coming along very well...

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks on the nice comments guys, I put a lot of work in it to get it really nice, and it's working out quite nice. In the same RSP supra was a black carpet, so that will be my next weekend project i guess..

Little update:

· Registered
360 Posts
what did u pay? u could find a supra in UK for 3000$ na auto and they will be alot better shape than this :)

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i didn't even pay a 3rd of that, and targa's are way more expensive. you will not find them for that price in the state mine is now

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You chopped up a factory RSP hardtop??????/
Guilty..... but car was already totalled... half of that car is on mine now, like oem skirts, carpet, led brakelight, windscreenwiperarms etc..etc... and also little bodywork...

got pics of the car after it was totalled to prove i didn't kill it:

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got an update, got all lamps working now, and made some topless pics
please note the car is VERY dirty, didn't get the right opportunity to clean it, but will be done next weekend, i promise....

Still waiting for white sidemarkers, until then the ugly OEMs

and my favorite pic untill now: ( damn need to clean those wheels FAST!)

· Bad Texan Boy
5,061 Posts
Very nice.. Man, I really want JDM side and rear skirts but its hard to find em and Im still waiting for MVP to get the news

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.