Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my mkiv to dynotech to get it dyno'd on wednesday and I was wondering what should I be expecting to see? I WILL have just the Blitz SUS intake system on it and everything else is stock. Just wanting some estimates on rwhp...would appreciate.

Thanks

monty

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you had a sus intake also? i have an auto too

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got back from dyno, put down 308rwhp and 312rwtq. This
was done with a blitz sus intake. I am wondering if that if that is good or bad for having the blitz intake?

monty

·
Registered
183 Posts
that seems high for an auto with just a intake. you either have a very strong car or had higher than stock boost. any sign of pulled hoses?

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll post my dyno sheet when I get home. I'm at my cousins now. No pulled hoses i watched them do everything. I have no bcc, ebc, cat-back, dp all I have is my blitz sus intake that was installed last night, but i did put some 0-60 octane booster. My bad I also pulled the trac fuse.

monty

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could i have bought my car w/pulled hoses and have driving it the last 3 months w/out knowing???

·
Registered
171 Posts
My car made 305 RWHP / 299 RWTQ when it was COMPLETELY stock... So, factoring in the power gains from an aftermarket intake and the increased drive train loss of the automatic transmission and those numbers seem right on par.

Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I did 298 RWHP/294 RWTQ with TRD catback only and otherwise bone stock. I am really curious as to how much the Blitz SUS could help compared to a stocker, one mag claimed 24 RWHP, but that had to have been either a fluke or, ahem, "exaggeration".......

Anyone heard of a real test between stock and SUS?

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i have the sony ericson picture phone and I took a picture of my dyno sheet on it and does anyone know how to do the infared thing so I can send the pics from my cell phone to my pc? It came w/a cd that i already installed.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But how much rwhp does the trd cat-back add? And your saying the stock air intake system is better than the blitz sus? Also I am just excited to hit over 300rwhp on a 10 year old mkiv that to me is very impressive w/only an intake.

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:

Anyone heard of a real test between stock and SUS?
It was in sport compact i believe (possibly turbo mag) about 6months ago. 24whp difference on a stock TT supra.

Greg

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
monty187 said:
But how much rwhp does the trd cat-back add? And your saying the stock air intake system is better than the blitz sus? Also I am just excited to hit over 300rwhp on a 10 year old mkiv that to me is very impressive w/only an intake.
I seriously doubt the catback alone would add over 8-10 RWHP max, considering the cats were still in place. Any aftermarket intake would be better than stock, but I don't believe a Blitz will typically even approach 24 RWHP. Your car is obviously quite healthy, 308 RWHP/0.80 = 385 BHP. Maybe your boost is a bit higher than stock. :cool:

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Isn't the equation for my Auto mkiv 308rwhp/ .85 =362bhp ? Boost is stock, I have no t-mod or pulled hoses or ebc (Hooked up) I have nothing but a blitz sus intake. Hopefully she's just a healthy mkiv.

·
Registered
904 Posts
monty187 said:
Isn't the equation for my Auto mkiv 308rwhp/ .85 =362bhp ? Boost is stock, I have no t-mod or pulled hoses or ebc (Hooked up) I have nothing but a blitz sus intake. Hopefully she's just a healthy mkiv.
Sounds like she is Monty! Now put that exhaust on ok! :D

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the exhaust is getting that peice replaced tomorrow and it will be put on either tomorrow or sometime this weekend :) btw thanks suprattnsa for the nice exhaust and honesty :).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts