Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the alarm was installed the bass sounded distorted. what could cause this?

·
651 Posts
Is it the factory sub that is distorted or an aftermarket setup??

Little more information and I'll be able to lend a hand..

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a viper alarm, with a premier deh-6300 headunit , and a mobile authority 4 channel 800watt amp with 2 500watt 10in subs
Any help would be appreciated.

·
651 Posts
First thing I would do is unplug one of the sub wires and switch the polarity. Maybe they removed the box for some reason and when they hooked it back up they switched polarity and put the subs out of phase. That is the easiest thing to try and the most common screw up.

Try that and repost.

Thomas Kenyon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked all the connections to the subs and the polarity is right.
:(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CANT ANYONE HELP??

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
If your amp has a gain control on it..make sure that that wasn't messed with. If the gain gets turned up to high it can make some aweful sounding bass

·
651 Posts
Them Pioneer 6300's have a wide array of controls for the pre-outs. I am thinking they disconnected the battery resetting the radio's settings. That's the only thing I can think of that could have happened when putting in an alarm.

How knowledgeable are you with the use of all the functions on the deck??

Sorry I wasn't more help... real difficult to tell you what the problem is without hearing the problem.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re adjusting the settings was the first thing i tried but it didnt help. The bass sounds weaker and almost muffled. I dont know if its just me but it feels kinda slow its hard to explain.

·
Registered
158 Posts
everything your describing sounds like a gain control problem....also I have had bass sound like that if an rca cable is not fully plugged in.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive been trying everyting and adjusting the gain has helped somewhat but the bass still sounds horrible. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me, but if i want this problem fixed i think im going to have to cave in and go pay for someone to diagnose and fix the problem. Once again thanks to all that tried to help.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts