1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.driftmechaniks.com/video/nopi_tunervision~stl.mov

http://www.driftmechaniks.com/video/nopi_tunervision~valdosta.mov

Andy Sapp said:
Through doing the NDRA drift demos, we landed some KILLER Speed TV coverage on Nopi Tunervision. Nopi gave us a great oppurtunity to do these demos, and as well with the television coverage. Big thanks goes out to Nopi
Thanks Andy Sapp for grabbing these and hosting them! Also thanks to Erin and Andy for putting on such a great show with us. We can't do it without ya!

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
I was just thinking about this last night. I LOVED the drifting at Rockingham...before I was like "drifting is ghey" but after seeing it in person I am thougroughly impressed! Thanks for putting on such a great show, and expanding your drifting skills and knowledge to the drag racing world! I dont know if you remember me or not, but I came over with Chris from AAP on Saturday morning at Rockingham to help him with hauling/changing his tires.

Jason

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,306 Posts
Congrats Tracy!

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HotSoup said:
I was just thinking about this last night. I LOVED the drifting at Rockingham...before I was like "drifting is ghey" but after seeing it in person I am thougroughly impressed! Thanks for putting on such a great show, and expanding your drifting skills and knowledge to the drag racing world! I dont know if you remember me or not, but I came over with Chris from AAP on Saturday morning at Rockingham to help him with hauling/changing his tires.

Jason
OOO hey! Ya I remember you! Thanks for all of the kind words. I'm glad that drifting is getting out there. It is so much fun. Of course what we do at the demos isn't the same way competiton runs, but the demos definately get people pumped up about it. It's so exciting to hear that people who drag race are enjoying it. It was a huge risk for us to move into drifting when we did. Everyone was saying "it's a fad". It may very well be. I don't think so....and I hope it's not, obviously. Drifting has been very good to us....way better than drag racing was ( I mean don't get me wrong...drag racing madeus what we are as a shop). We had a fast ass Supra at one time. 3rd fastest in the US on Street Tires....never saw a dime from any sponsors. Only spent a bagillion dimes on making it to the track. It was really hard on us and we really felt so disappointed after every race. It was so exhausting. Drifting is different. The cars are cheap. It's so much about driver skill and being in tune with your car. In drag racing, after a certain point, is mostly about who has more money....something we don't have much of :)

All of this being said, I don't want anyone to think I am bashing drag racing because I'm not. I'm just saying that drifting has been so much more enjoyable for us. With the money that we spent running the Supra...we have 2 cars to play around in.

I hope to see you in New Jersey. Com say hi if you are there. Tell Andersone $100/tire next time ;) He knows I don't like him :D

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Tracy said:
OOO hey! Ya I remember you! Thanks for all of the kind words. I'm glad that drifting is getting out there. It is so much fun. Of course what we do at the demos isn't the same way competiton runs, but the demos definately get people pumped up about it. It's so exciting to hear that people who drag race are enjoying it. It was a huge risk for us to move into drifting when we did. Everyone was saying "it's a fad". It may very well be. I don't think so....and I hope it's not, obviously. Drifting has been very good to us....way better than drag racing was ( I mean don't get me wrong...drag racing madeus what we are as a shop). We had a fast ass Supra at one time. 3rd fastest in the US on Street Tires....never saw a dime from any sponsors. Only spent a bagillion dimes on making it to the track. It was really hard on us and we really felt so disappointed after every race. It was so exhausting. Drifting is different. The cars are cheap. It's so much about driver skill and being in tune with your car. In drag racing, after a certain point, is mostly about who has more money....something we don't have much of :)

All of this being said, I don't want anyone to think I am bashing drag racing because I'm not. I'm just saying that drifting has been so much more enjoyable for us. With the money that we spent running the Supra...we have 2 cars to play around in.

I hope to see you in New Jersey. Com say hi if you are there. Tell Andersone $100/tire next time ;) He knows I don't like him :D

Tracy,
I agree with you 100%, if you dont have a sponsor or are rich you can forget about competing these days in drag racing. We race when we can, and thats usually only at the Import events at Rockingham. Drifting is obviously no fad....finding a good AE86 GTS or S13 is like finding a stock Supra...damn near impossible. I want to buy something to play around with, and I know I eventually will but it seems as if the "good" drifting cars are being snatched up quicker than they can be listed. I have even went to the extreme of starting to ride around and look in yards, parking lots, etc for a car.

Jason

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HotSoup said:
Tracy,
I agree with you 100%, if you dont have a sponsor or are rich you can forget about competing these days in drag racing. We race when we can, and thats usually only at the Import events at Rockingham. Drifting is obviously no fad....finding a good AE86 GTS or S13 is like finding a stock Supra...damn near impossible. I want to buy something to play around with, and I know I eventually will but it seems as if the "good" drifting cars are being snatched up quicker than they can be listed. I have even went to the extreme of starting to ride around and look in yards, parking lots, etc for a car.

Jason

Yea, if we had a bigger trailer we could have 100 of them. Everytime we travel we see a 240 with grass growing out of it somewhere. Best thing to do is search auto trader. Those people for the most part don't know what they have. I'll keep an eye out if you like. People always call us to buy their cars since they know we are usually looking. Right now we have a stok pile of them incase we crash ours....wich I did in NH :D Good thing we have the extras because I need 2 new fenders in 2 days :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts