Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning when I went out to start my car, all I got was a clicking sound. So checking the battery (it was at 7v) I charged it quick and it started right up. I then realized that I left my parking lights on last night so thought that was the culprit. After letting it run for about 5 min, I just turned it off to make sure it would start up again, but it didnt. I dragged all my extension cords at battery charger out to the damn car again, and it started right up again BUT!!!! i didnt even plug the charger in (I only put the terminals on the battery posts), because I simply forgot to before trying to start the car. So I drove to a friends house, shut the car off, and was going to turn it back on to see if it would start and it doesnt. Now it doesnt make the clicking sound anymore, and nothing happens at all, doesnt crank or try to turn over. Any more questions just ask.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
i have that problem....my my brakes liek stay on so i disconnect the ground terminal....it got kinda loose, at times it fits like its tight but i have to make sure its pushed down and tightened down good enough, so the pole does'nt move even if u put a bit of force trying to turn it. Cars starts up perfect.

Im sure thats the prob. u got, same exact things i had before.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was probably it.....I did a bunch of other little shit too, but it fired right up without the battery charger. thanks for the help though guys, I was really worried this morning

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've experienced something similar--dead car electrically, until I tried to measure the battery voltage with a multimeter, when everything in the car came on. The car still wouldn't start, but even the radio would play. To this day I have no idea how that works, because the resistence through a voltmeter is in the tens to hundreds of megaohms.

In any event, my bet is on a corroded terminal. Take them both off, and clean everything really well with proper wire brushes, and tighten it all down.

Another note: 7v is very low, possibly lower than some batteries can be easily recharged from. You may also need another battery, but first, I bet it's the terminal issue (it was on my car, just a slightly dulled ground terminal).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i cleaned them all up, wiggled around the cps wires, and just did other things for good measure and it fired up and started all other times during the rest of the day

·
Registered
1989 7mgte swapped mk3
985 Posts
mine did the clicking deal and I replaced the contacts in the started. Not hard to do, but the started isn't the easiest to pull. The contacts cost like 10 bucks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts