Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· DoRi?
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive swapped a gte into my s13. Heres a list on everything drawing power. Car isnt running yet.....
90amp alt

Crappy pioneer head unit with 2 regular pioneer speakers up front.
Fal dual electric fans
Walboro 255 running 12v all the time.
Haltech p2000
2dakota resistor boxes
S14 fog lights
Aim sport dash (in near future)

My question is..... With all these my alt probably wont keep up espaecially at night with lights on. Can i use like a 5 farred capacitor to keep up with th draw or will i have to use a phr alternator

· Registered
748 Posts
That doesn't seem like a lot of load for a 90 amp alternator. The only big load you have versus a stock Supra is the dual fans. I don't know about the fans load. The Walbro max load will be about 10 amps at full pressure under boost and probably somewhere around 7 amps at cruise. This is only slightly more than half the stock Denso's pump draw. The fogs if they are standard 55w, draw about 8 amps total at 13.5VDC alternator output. The stereo is probably only 2 amps at full output. BTW: Capacitors do nothing to help with current draw and are not a substitute for a underspeced alternator. They just supply reserve for peak loads (like amps w/ thumping subwoofers) over very short periods (ms to sec). You already have a huge capacitor in your car for peak loads. It's called a battery.

· Registered
703 Posts
this is a bit off topic but... when i used to have my TT the battery would get sucked after just a few idle days. can you guys or anyone else explain why in the world supras kill the battery so quickly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.