Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I roll to a stop my battery light comes on and my lights get dim. I checked for a power draw when my car is off and there was none. My car right now doesn’t have enough power to start, so it has to mean that my alternator is not charging. I have replaced all the ground wires for the engine and battery; I also replaced the battery and alternator. I even ran a new wire coming form the alternator to the battery. The battery I have is a cheap one and my alternator is a Denso 80 amp. I can’t even play my stereo; my sub amp doesn’t even have enough power. What could it be? What else is there to check?
I don’t think I got a bad battery because this is the 2nd brand new battery I have tried. Also I don’t think I got a bad alternator because I’m getting 14.23 volts when the car is running. This really makes no sense. Could it be a bad belt? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I usually get more than 14volts with the car running, so I'd double check the wiring connections, and then try another alternator

·
FasterThanASpeedingCivic
671 Posts
Happned to me too, Got a new Alt, Wires and Fuses, works just fine now, except the BHG LOL

W

·
0 Posts
My battery light would come on when my car would almost stall after some hard boosting and my bov blew off.

Maybe your car starts to idle REALLY low for a second when you roll to a stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts