Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im figuring its the battery, but i dont see why? could there be any other things hindering the car from keeping charged? B/c if i leave it be the battery just goes dead, i can charge it but then it just dies again? is it the battery or something else?

Matt

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,109 Posts
It could be the alternator itself of a bad voltage regulator. Usually at Autozone/Kragen, etc. they can test it before you buy a new one.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
if its the alternator it may end up frying your battery too. could potenially mess up the starter as well.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
turn off your all ur electronics in the car, lights, radio, radar, EVERYTHING.

And then start up the car and let it idle. Unplug the negative terminal and if it runs for more than 5 secs its NOT ur alternator.

good luck.

·
11,221 Posts
brian_k03 said:
turn off your all ur electronics in the car, lights, radio, radar, EVERYTHING.

And then start up the car and let it idle. Unplug the negative terminal and if it runs for more than 5 secs its NOT ur alternator.

good luck.
^^that's how I tested it. I guess my battery just dies like a mofo. Sometimes I accidently leave the door open while working on it at night. I guess the little "door light" on the dash running is enough to kill the battery through the night.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Definetly sounds like you batt, maybe its leaking somewhere. I've had this behaviour before when the batt terminal hit the metal canister right next to it and short circuted. Anyway, it's a safe bet that when you replace the batt you'll be sweet.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
if it is battery
i'd quickly replace it so it doesnt become more costly with a busted alternator as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jr24dawg said:
if its the alternator it may end up frying your battery too. could potenially mess up the starter as well.
no it wont, if the batterys dead your car wont start so how can that mess up your starter? if the alternator isnt charging it just drains your battery and thats it.

if the batterys weak/dead just drive it for awhile and turn the car off. wait a minute and try to start it again, if it doesnt start your battery isnt taking a charge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts