Supra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
T6Rocket said:
GTE: I am not familiar with "00" gauge wire? Also, how much did it help your 60's?

I was going to use 17 ft of 2 gauge to connect to the existing pos. cable up front. Then have a neg cable running to the body in the back, with maybe an extra ground strap.

Al
I not sure how to spell it but I think it's called double ought. Like double ought buckshot. It was about as thick as my thumb.

DKNYSprt95- You are probably right about the bad ground. Being 30 years old, it had a bit of gunk on the bottom of the car. Now I want to try it on the Supra.

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
BXR SUPRA said:
Oh really? I have been using mine with no problems for over a year.
that's true. Drive it everyday, and you won't need to charge it, lol

Daily use, redefined:D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Consider one of the HUGE circuit breakers some stereo systems use. Stereo shop will have all of the fittings andwire or goto a welding shop. Summit used to sell a VERY good sealed aluminum box that looks GREAT, use that one. Rubber gasketed and all - I have one. Not done this to my Supra, the cutoff switch on the HOT side bugs me. If rearended fully expect a short - right there with the gas tank. Without a relay kit the car may still run with the switch off too. Switch will kill your alarm as well if wired exactly the way NHRA wants it. Lots to consider guys, I'm not doing it unless I HAVE to...

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
my battery is relocated, and i got kicked out of my local track because of it (due to the reasons listed above) i have a box for the battery now, and the kill switch, it just hasnt got put in yet. i wouldnt do it if i could go back, just extra head ache i dont want, but oh well.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
out of topic,.. but why do you have seat belts in the back if you have no seats???... lol..
i took my seat belts out... a lot fo weight for those suckers..

any by teh way.. how much does all that dynomat weigh??...

·
Registered
875 Posts
can someone explain this kill switch thing? is it meant to automatically switch off your battery if you get rear ended to prevent a short circuit potentially causing a a fire if your gas tank happens to get ruptured???

if so what does this kill switch thing look like - i can't figure how it could possibly work to automatically disconnect in a rear end crash

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
jasonlee said:
can someone explain this kill switch thing? is it meant to automatically switch off your battery if you get rear ended to prevent a short circuit potentially causing a a fire if your gas tank happens to get ruptured???

if so what does this kill switch thing look like - i can't figure how it could possibly work to automatically disconnect in a rear end crash
The kill switch is for - God Forbid - you had an accident at the track, someone from the rescue squad could turn the power off from the outside of the car to prevent the fuel pump from continuing to pump fuel out of a broken fuel line - yikes!

Al

21 - 30 of 30 Posts