Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what type of battery terminals you guys use and where do you get them? Not looking for anything too horribly expensive, i'd like to keep it under $50 for both the positive and negative side so any suggestions would be great.

J

·
0 Posts
I dunno... The ones that are on the battery. :p

If you mean terminations for the wires going to the battery...

I'm using Streetwires product, mostly because Crutchfield sent them to me free after sending me some DOA speakers. In general I like 'em, they look nice, and make good contact with the battery post, and have room for 1 0/1 AWG wire, and 2 4AWG wires to connect into it. I'm using the 2 4 AWG connections, 1 for my system, and the other for the car on the positive terminal. I'm only using a single 4 AWG wire for the ground, though. -- I figure that it's only 10" long, and I'm not having any trouble.... But then again, my system is a pretty modest 280W RMS...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Monster Cable makes some nice ones that run about $25 each for positive and negative!! You can then hook power rings and other connectors to the massive set screws, etc for nice show look!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roadie: Those look really nice, I used to run the monster cable ones too but I was just keeping my options open.

Are there any cheap online dealers that sell the EFX terminals that you guys are talking about? THanks!

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
I need some too, mine are horrible..where can I buy them? An online site would be nice...

·
Registered
730 Posts
to hook up the stock wiring to the fusebox/alternator to the new terminals did you cut off the original terminal connection? those wire strands look pretty thick and uncrimping doesnt look like too much of an option

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
damn that looks nice and neat!

Brett

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Roadie8105 said:
Monster Cable makes some nice ones that run about $25 each for positive and negative!! You can then hook power rings and other connectors to the massive set screws, etc for nice show look!!!

thats cute;)

·
1,057 Posts
I bought my EFX from a friend who works at a local shop. I have also used Stinger but was not that impressed with them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's some pretty nice EFX ones on ebay right now, how much did you guys pay for them? Looks like they all go for around $20 each.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts