Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title explains it, i just charged the battery for like 2-3 hours today, and car wouldn't start. Switch the charger on boost mode, cranks right up and drives perfect. As soon as far turns off, no more start.

Kinda annoying seeing as I am driving 2 hours to a track today...and 2 hours back...yipee.

Any ideas?

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Always keep a spare :)

I HATE battery and ALTERNATOR issues!! I am fighting my charging system right now.
I had these issues with my electric fans and battery. I havnt had an issue with it since I went with the MR2 alternator.

The car has been sitting for almost a month without running, and im still easily able to put the windows up and down, etc etc.

I used to have issues after just 2 days of sitting.

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
stop bitchin and get a new battery... lol... take ur batt to VATOzone have them charge it to see if its still good... then buy a new battery if it isnt... if you dont need a new batt... u prolly need a new alternator... end of story...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
He said he could start it with the charger on boost mode, then the car drives perfectly.

It is plain and simple that you need a new battery, unless you do not conect the charge at the battery terminals, in this case you may just be having problems with your cables.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
why havent YOU bought a new battery yet???

just sounds like you have a diminished capacity on your battery. the hot underhood temperatures kill batteries so they typically last 3-5 years or so.

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flubyux2 said:
why havent YOU bought a new battery yet???

just sounds like you have a diminished capacity on your battery. the hot underhood temperatures kill batteries so they typically last 3-5 years or so.
I took out the battery to inspect it, and the sob got battery acid all the fuck over the place.

In conclusion, I bought a new battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts