Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, this is pretty much whats going on, bought the car a little over a year ago and it was pretty much stock until no long ago, my friend bought a G35 and as we all know the IS is slower from factory than the G35, he then boosted his car making 320 RWhp, compare to the 170 my car comes with i know i had to do something big to catch up to his horsepower, as i allready post in another thread i did a GTE swap on my car in which i just finish coming with some good number of 400 RWHP with the stock twins, MY friend blew his turbos before i finish the car and took the turbos out to rebuilt, and at this moment his trying to finish his car back together....... what do you guys think is going to actually win this battle??????

·
Banned
381 Posts
So from what I understand is that your car makes 400RWHP vs. his 320RWHP and the cars are fairly close in weight. So unless hes installing bigger turbos or nitrous I dont see you how his car would be faster.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you have to remember his car comes with a hell of wider tires, plus that was with 5 pounds of boost, i know his gonna raise that a little more

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
I guess you'll see......

It's impossible for anyone here is going to give you an honest and/or accurate answer question given such limited information.....

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
Well, I don't see him pushing over 400 mark with stock engine. Anything more than 400rwhp is risky on VQ35. IS is lighter by about 200 pounds I think, but G has more grip and torque... I say it's a driver's race. Should be a close one.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
I thought all the nissan sack riders where talking about how the vq is the next 2jzgte in terms of laying down some serious power on a stock engine.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Sounds like a fabricated story, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt. :)

Bench racing is :ghey: mmmkay.

Before I bought my Supra, I was going to do an IS300 swap. Any pics of this beast? Still sounds like a project I want to start. :bigthumb:

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
Rookie84 said:
Well, I don't see him pushing over 400 mark with stock engine. Anything more than 400rwhp is risky on VQ35. IS is lighter by about 200 pounds I think, but G has more grip and torque... I say it's a driver's race. Should be a close one.

lol.. what rock you been hiding under.. the risky rate on a stock motor is now 500..

ever since the UTEC came out.. and the Greddy E Manage stopped blowing motors.. 400 is nothing

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Formula1Vendetta said:
Sounds like a fabricated story, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt. :)

Bench racing is :ghey: mmmkay.

Before I bought my Supra, I was going to do an IS300 swap. Any pics of this beast? Still sounds like a project I want to start. :bigthumb:
yeah i had another thread before this one with pics

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352521

1 - 10 of 10 Posts