Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BOTI SEASON OPENER AT ORLANDO SPEED WORLD DRAGWAY
On Sunday, April 9, the Battle of the Imports returns to Orlando Speed World Dragway (Orlando, FL) beginning its 16th consecutive season. Racers from all over Florida will be battling it out to stake their claim in the cash and contingency purse. In addition to the drag racing action, the Password:JDM carshow will have just as much competition with car crews from all over fighting for a chance at national exposure. Also on the card is the USACi car audio competition where competitors can choose to compete in either SPL or SQ, The Finestmodels.com swimsuit competition and an interactive vendors midway.

"We love opening the series in Florida, espcially around Spring Break," commented Michael Agustin, Carshow Director. "It's almost as if the show marks the official beginning of the brand new season and competitors are itching to come off a long winter break."

Centrally located just east of Orlando, Speed World Dragway is home to the largest "street race" in the world, the "World Street Nationals." A record number of racers including bikes, car clubs, sound competitors and fans are expected to attend the 2006 BOTI Season Opener event.

BISIMOTO.COM LOOKING TO DOMINATE PRO-STREET
Bisimoto Engineering has been synonymous with the unparalleled performance of the popular Torco/RSM/Webcam Honda CRX. In full unibody chassis structure, the CRX holds multiple world all motor/pro stock drag records, including, but not limited to, the world fastest and quickest naturally aspirated "true" unibody FWD.

Bisi Ezerioha (Hacienda Heights, CA) is piloting a brand new 2005 Honda Insight drag car. Still powered by a single-cam Honda engine, Ezerioha is looking to break the Pro-Street record presently owned by Charles Madrid (Norco, CA) driving the Skunk2 Acura RSX (9.86 at 140.93) set in August 2004 at Pacific Raceways (Seattle, WA). Since irs debut back in July 2005 at the CA Dragway (Fontana, CA), Ezerioha has experienced both driveline and engine set backs. Most recently, the Bisimoto Honda Insight drag car ran a best of 10.135 @ 135.55. "We are definitely looking forward to making our Florida debut. Last year, we experienced the 'brand new car' bug and worked through most of them," commented Ezerioha. "We are looking forward to competing against the likes of Padilla, Valentin and the others from Florida."

HEADS-UP PRO AND STREET, DIAL-IN & FUN-RUN DRAG RACING FOR CARS AND BIKES
The Battle of the Imports has a class for everyone. Ranging from the heads-up Pro and Street classes to the dial-in Sportsman class all the way to the fun-runs. Racers have a chance to compete for cash, contingency and trophies in 9-classes, or can run for "fun" in the always popular Fun Runs. The competition is fiercely close in the Street-Tuner, Street-Comp and Street-Performance class. "Judging by the number of competitors at the July Fontana event trying to qualify for one of eight spots is a good indicator that the season finale will call for some close side by side racing," commented Frank Choi. "There are a ton of racers that is looking forward to this event."

PASSWORD:JDM CARSHOW OFFERS OVER 100 AVAILABLE CARSHOW AWARDS FOR IMPORTS, DOMESTIC SPORT COMPACTS, TRUCKS, SUV's and LATE MODEL DOMESTICS
The Password:JDM car show has quickly made a name for itself nationally as one of the most competitive shows series on tour. With over 100 awards to be handed out including but mot limited to: Best Team Points, Best Team Represent, Overall Best of Show, Overall Best Performance Vehicle, Overall Best JDM, Best Female Vehicle, Best Full Size Truck, Best Sport Truck and Best SUV, car clubs from all over Central Florida will be representing to get a shot at a feature in a nationally circulated magazine.

"The quality of the show cars out in central Florida is extraordinary," commented Michael Agustin, Carshow Director. "Last year, it was very close in certain classes and with Password:JDM signing on as the presenting sponsor, I am sure the JDM scene alone will be a class to closely watch." For a complete listing of the show classes, click SHOW CLASSES.

LIVE FINESTMODELS.COM PHOTOSHOOT WITH HOT IMPORT MODELS, VENDORS VILLAGE, FINESTMODELS.COM SWIMSUIT COMPETITION, MODEL SEARCH, FREE GIVEAWAYS, AND MUCH MORE
Fans can check out and purchase the latest and greatest wares for their whips in the Vendors Village but that's not all! Fans will also be treated to a live Finestmodels.com photoshoot with import models. "We have had a lot of models email us requesting to do shoots at the event and it seems to have worked in the past," commented Lawrence Gayoso, President Finestmodels.com. "The photoshoot shows allows models the opportunity to gain valueable experience posing in front of a camera." Spectators will also be treated to the Finestmodels.com swimsuit competition.

HONDA FACTORY PERFORMANCES POSTS BIG DOLLARS
In 2002, American Honda launched its Honda Factory Performance (HFP) accessory program announcing kits for the Civic EX Coupe and the Acura RSX Type-S. This year, Acura announced it has re-launched its performance accessory program as Acura A-SPEC, a term signifying "the highest level of engineering quality", to brand Acura's program and differentiate it from its Honda counterpart, Honda Factory Performance (HFP).

Racers at the Battle of the Imports that win while driving either a Honda or Acura brand vehicle stand to win up to an extra $750.00 in cash. Racers must register at tech inspection and display the HFP decal. Makes other than Honda or Acura are not eligible for the contingency.

WHERE
Orlando Speed World Dragway
19442 E. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32820

WHEN
Sunday
April 9, 2006

SUNDAY, APRIL 9TH
(Schedule Subject to Change w/o Notice) Vendor Setup 8:00 AM Gates Open 9:00 AM Racer Tech Inspection 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Car Show Roll In 9:00 AM Spectator Gates Open 9:00 AM Qualifying (All Classes) 11:00 AM Car Show Judging 2:00 PM 1st Round Eliminations (Pro and Street) 2:00 PM Finestmodels.com Swimsuit Competition 4:00 PM Awards Presentation Conclusion
EVENT PRICING Adult General Admission $20.00 Adult Crew Member $20.00 Children (7-11) $10.00 Kids (6 & Younger) FREE Race Entry (Car & Driver) $40.00 Carshow Entry (Car & Driver) $40.00 Fun Run (Car & Driver) $40.00

www.battleoftheimports.com


 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marc-P said:
Did you put that flyer on my Supra yesterday :p
hehe, i did :rolleyes: i was trying to find enjuku racing... i thought they were back there? But didn't have luck.
So your car was really clean lookin. The wheels are sick. I hope you didn't mind...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
enjuku is on 436 and hanging moss

Enjuku Racing Headquarters
6100 Hanging Moss Rd. #570
Orlando, FL 32807
Monday - Friday, EST. 9:30AM - 5:30PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
nix0807 said:
hehe, i did :rolleyes: i was trying to find enjuku racing... i thought they were back there? But didn't have luck.
So your car was really clean lookin. The wheels are sick. I hope you didn't mind...
Its cool man
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OneSickZ said:
enjuku is on 436 and hanging moss

Enjuku Racing Headquarters
6100 Hanging Moss Rd. #570
Orlando, FL 32807
Monday - Friday, EST. 9:30AM - 5:30PM
thanx for the info!

The event is getting a lot of confirms for racers/show cars... it is going to be a great season opener for Orlando!
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Z-Gad said:
I'll be there running the 2JZ 240z... not looking to win anything, but looking forward to a better prepped track than on your average test-n-tune
interesting... Looking forward to seeing the car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Z-Gad said:
I'll be there running the 2JZ 240z... not looking to win anything, but looking forward to a better prepped track than on your average test-n-tune
Sweet. I can't wait to see your car run since I missed it a few weeks back.

I'll be in the show representing the Florida G35 Club, along with about 10 other members.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Just got back from the track and the TH400 is fried. I will take it out tomorrow and run it over to my tranny guy, but it looks bleak for me to make the event now... I did have an awesome 2nd pass tonight before the tranny crapped out...
Here's the timeslip...

R/T ... -.178
60' ... 1.462!
330 ... 4.057
1/8 ... 6.254
MPH ... 111.77
1000 ... 8.148
1/4 ... 9.752 !!!!!
MPH ... 140.42

I ran the car at the same boost (27psi), lowered tire pressure to 15psi on the MT drag radials, did a monster 3rd gear burnout to heat the tires, and launched on around 8 psi of boost. The car felt amazing the whole run. Unfortunately, I increase the boost to ~ 29 psi the next pass, and the tranny started slipping, so the TH400 comes out again. DAMNIT!! It was making all kinds of unhappy noises on the drive home in all 3 gears...

Oh well, mission accomplished, 9 second street car. I am bummed I won't have it back together for BOTI this weekend though. meanwhile I'll ride this adrenaline high :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
475 Posts
Z-Gad said:
Just got back from the track and the TH400 is fried. I will take it out tomorrow and run it over to my tranny guy, but it looks bleak for me to make the event now... I did have an awesome 2nd pass tonight before the tranny crapped out...
Here's the timeslip...

R/T ... -.178
60' ... 1.462!
330 ... 4.057
1/8 ... 6.254
MPH ... 111.77
1000 ... 8.148
1/4 ... 9.752 !!!!!
MPH ... 140.42

I ran the car at the same boost (27psi), lowered tire pressure to 15psi on the MT drag radials, did a monster 3rd gear burnout to heat the tires, and launched on around 8 psi of boost. The car felt amazing the whole run. Unfortunately, I increase the boost to ~ 29 psi the next pass, and the tranny started slipping, so the TH400 comes out again. DAMNIT!! It was making all kinds of unhappy noises on the drive home in all 3 gears...

Oh well, mission accomplished, 9 second street car. I am bummed I won't have it back together for BOTI this weekend though. meanwhile I'll ride this adrenaline high :)
Sweet ass times.
I love that way your Z looks :bigthumb:
 

·
Project:: Reaper
Joined
·
1,401 Posts
BOTI was pretty sweet!!!! one old RX7 took a nasty spill i was at the 1000ft mark and he rolled it right in front of me. prolly rolled it like 10-15 times before it finally stopped. rescue crews had to be sent out to cut the whole top of the car off to get him out but he was fine.

and the redish colored GS300 hit the wall shortly after the 100ft mark. for as hard as he hit the gaurd rail the car held together pretty damn good!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
I was there, but left before eliminations started. I spent more time watching the help clean the track, than actually watching any racing. Initial track prep was not very good for such a large profile event either. All the cars making power were loose after half track. I'm kind of glad my car broke prior to the event.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
Steady Boostin' said:
BOTI was pretty sweet!!!! one old RX7 took a nasty spill i was at the 1000ft mark and he rolled it right in front of me. prolly rolled it like 10-15 times before it finally stopped. rescue crews had to be sent out to cut the whole top of the car off to get him out but he was fine.

and the redish colored GS300 hit the wall shortly after the 100ft mark. for as hard as he hit the gaurd rail the car held together pretty damn good!!
Nooo.. Are you talking about the BMPC vvti 2jzgte powered gs300???? If that is the same car, that really sucks.. What happened to it?

Sherbaz
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top