Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up guys! This is Eddie from NorCalEvo.net. I'm going to be getting people together for another Sunday drive. Due to the accident of the last rainy drive, it is to be STRESSED that if you are a newbie driver and you are going to plan to come, DRIVE WITHIN YOUR LIMITS!!! Highly recommend anyone who is planning on attending to familiarize yourself with the routes to prevent unnecessary accidents. Take everything into consideration and be warned, if you are not comfortable with the idea of driving a mountain road with a group, do not come! For the drive we will organize it so that the people with the most experience will drive in the front and newbies or people who want to just take a slow pace to enjoy the scenary at the back of the pack. Don't worry about speeding up to keep up because we will pull aside at certain stops on the route for everyone to catch up. Join the drive at your own risk. We are to obey all traffic laws & signs and to keep a good 2-3 car lengths distance between the cars to maximize response time should anything sudden occur. BE SAFE!!!

The meet up spot is the same as last time at the De Anza Starbucks.

Sunday 6/18/06
Starbucks Cupertino
20520A Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino CA, 95014
Meet at 10 A.M. Leave at 10:45 A.M. SHARP!

The route will be up Highway 9, regroup & take pictures at Vista Point, Skyline 35, regroup & take pictures at the pull out after Page Mill Rd intersection, Highway 84 towards La Honda, Highway 1, Highway 17, 280. End at BJ's Brewery & Restaurant off De Anza Blvd. exit off 280. Have lunch or just say farewell and end the drive.

Driving the posted speed limit is necessary for maximum safety. Make sure you allow spacing between cars so that should any incident (knock on wood) occur we can avoid a multiple-car accident.

This Group Meet & Drive invitation will be posted up on NorCalEvo, Supra, S2Ki, My350z, iClub, and iWSTi. But feel free to bring along friends as long as they are aware of their skill level, the route, and the risks involved.

1. tranman85 (norcalevo)
2. mitsuman (norcalevo)
3. silverstreak (norcalevo)
4. srt4matt (norcalsrt4)
5. wrxjeff (iclub)
6. rhdek9 (s2k-i)
7. owenxguo (s2k-i)
8. yellowap1 (s2k-i)
9. yellowap1's s2000 guest
10. derangedtoolman (my350z)
11. alang35 (my350z)
12. rickyz (i-club)
13. rickyz's 240sx guest
14. aldouse (i-club)
15. darkyugi (iwsti)
16. 1quiksti (iwsti)
17. lilken (s2k-i)
18. lilken’s evo guest
19. lilken’s integra gsr guest
20. lilken’s ae86 guest *
21. jtek (my350z)
22. vinze (supra forums)
23. lilazni3uoy (supra forums)
24. washabis2k (s2k-i)
25. washabis2k’s rx8 guest *
26. washabis2k’s wrx guest *
27. immisterjimmy (s2k-i)
28. wwevo9 (norcalevo)
29. smurfm3 (iwsti) *

* = maybe

Let’s try our best to minimize all risks so that hopefully there will be no incidents for this Drive. Should you have any questions pm me. I will be updating the Sign Up Sheet weekly every Sunday so that it will reflect the combined signups from all the forums. If this gets too big, we will split up into multiple groups and take off 15 minutes apart from one another. We will determine leaders and sweepers for groups right before we leave.

·
Registered
88 Posts
not more of this sh*t...
you want to keep the newbies out but yet you advertise it worldwide...
no matter what the chances of accidents are increasing. there will always be the super competitive fux that try too hard and end up crashing anyway.

cops will patrol more, due to the increased driving activity in those areas.

I can see this turning into a streetracing.org effect.

(sro helped the cops out by telling them where the races were, now since everybody knows highway 9, what do you think it'll happen?)

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
What ever happened to those all car meets @ Logitech? Those were awesome. Each manufacturer would get their own parking area...a good amount of super cars would show up and no one would get into any accidents or fucked by the cops...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats why we will recommend those super competitive [email protected] either lead or dont come at all so they dont pressure the rest. i have participated in drives before where no one sped, just a nice cruise along the mountains to just enjoy the scenary. if you guys disapprove of this just don't comment and just skip over this post. i'm just posting this so that people who might be interested know about it, yeah there's always cops but if you don't do anything illegal, then you shouldn't worry about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LuvMySilverSupra said:
unless this is gonna be on a highway with no curves at all, you're on the wrong forum.

last time i checked this wasn't a mustang/camaro forum. even rwd's like supra can handle if you know how to drive it. not like we're racing or drifting, just a drive up through the santa cruz mountains.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is just an opportunity to have different car owners meet and talk. good way to get to know other car owners and their cars. if you disapprove of this meet please just keep it to yourself, this is only for the people who are interested.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
any mk3s coming out?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You can put me on that list if you want just as long as there will be a drift session.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,829 Posts
^

i'm with him

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drift session? were not planning on going initial d or fast n furious on this trip. it really is meant to be just a nice cruise and to meet new people and just admire the scenary. doing reckless stuff like drifting and speeding on the trip would just bring accidents and tons of law enforcement on our asses. it's gonna be hard enough to drive safely enough so that cops don't pull us over. but when we start doing stupid stuff it's just going to ruin the whole drive if cops pull everyone over.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
tranman85 said:
drift session? were not planning on going initial d or fast n furious on this trip. it really is meant to be just a nice cruise and to meet new people and just admire the scenary. doing reckless stuff like drifting and speeding on the trip would just bring accidents and tons of law enforcement on our asses. it's gonna be hard enough to drive safely enough so that cops don't pull us over. but when we start doing stupid stuff it's just going to ruin the whole drive if cops pull everyone over.
Initial D? Fast and the Furious? Come one man, there's no need to insult us. Some of us have been drifting since 1997, before you even had your permit. I disagree with it being wreckless! Dangerous YES! Wreckless? No! Let us know.

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
Rofl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts