Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a reliable shop that can repair a polished 3 piece wheel with a rolled lip. One shop I went to won't work on rolled lips, the other shop could but wouldn't work on a 3 piece. Damage is a couple of nicks on the outer (polished) side lip. No cracks or dents.

The tire shop I went to damaged this thing when they were replacing my tires, so my mentality right now is to take it someplace professional since they are paying for the repair. If anyone can recommend a place that's reliable and can work on this type of wheel please let me know.

Also, I tried the route of buying just the outer lip from the wheel manufacturer. Apparently they don't sell individual parts. Very odd to make a 3 piece wheel and not be able to replace just the damaged section. But that topic is saved for another thread here on SF.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
have you tried wheel techniques in santa clara?

and ya, i don't know why companies make 2-3 piece wheels and not sell the parts seperatly.

·
Banned
467 Posts
Yes, call Wheel Techniques and talk to jeff, i just did my M5 racing 3pcs, and they did very good job.
tell Jeff is Khon La refer, so you might get some discount...
or just let me know what do you need, i will talk to him..
Later :bigthumb:

·
@llcoolgene
662 Posts
there's actually a shop there in frisco....the owner is asian and he drives an NSX supposedly..he said he can repair wheels while they are on the car if need be....i 'll get more info if i can find it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the helpful advice. My tire shop is currently working with wheel techniques to see if my wheels can be repaired. Based on the responses, SF seems like a great resource for Bay area Supra owners. Thanks again and I hope the forums will be this helpful when I do my NA-TT swap (after using the search button, of course).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts