Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted this in the multimedia section, but i figured i would post up here to show my local buddy's whats going on lately.

Finally got around to putting in my BC 280 cams.

My car has....
1mm over sized valves, dual valves springs, entire Ferrea package, Shimless buckets, and port work.

Brian Crower 280's w/ 11.48mm of lift
Car wouldn't idle below 1400-1500 without wanting to stall. I am also on 1600cc injectors and on e85. In theory the e85 should have helped with the idle situation because of the needed injector pulse width. But i also have NO IAC on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biZduqV2aLM

HKS 272's w/ 9.3mm of lift
Car was idleing around 1200-1300. Also had the 1600cc injectors and i was on different fuel, i was on the race gas (C16). well see for yourself and compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaVKl_oTt0E

Thanks,
Ben Y

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
sounded smoother with the bc's in there.. maybe it was me but the hks' seemed to bounce around the rpms more.

· STUFFD 19INCH WHEEL CLUB!
761 Posts
Glad to see they made it in. I'll be coming down to hear them in person.

· Banned
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very cool comparison, both sound insane! What power does that 42 make and at what boost? Power differences between the cam swap?

Reid
this 42 on my stock motor setup, made 846 @ 31psi. I don't have any new numbers to post though, i plan to hit the dyno in a week or so. I should hopefully not see the power taper off on the big end, but i have a feeling this turbo is gunna be out of breathe, just by looking at the logs....

Damn that fuel pump is loud. I want one!:rockon:
lol its live able for the amount of fuel it moves that's for sure!

Glad to see they made it in. I'll be coming down to hear them in person.
yes sir, all to the help of tony to motivate me and give me a hand doing so.

Sounds mean....but wingless?? WTF??
uh....you got a txt bro lol

Ben Y

· 411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
2,741 Posts
Everything seems to be coming around for the White Beast! No IAC is mofo... At the stock idle setting my car didn't wanna stay started. I turned my idle up to 1300 now everything's fine. Nice video comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.