Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simple question...

Should i keep my greddy BCC or should i remove it and install a boost controller?

My car is BPU+ and im peaking at 1.12 bar w/ the BCC, however my turbos are leaking oil and my local repair shop is telling me to remove the BCC because it can allow dangerous boost levels.

But in my opinion a BC would practically do the same thing... allow me to run more boost... neither of these devices has the ability to "limit" boost... all they do is increase it; one by eliminating the stock fule cut, and the other by manipulating wastegate airflow.

No one on this fourm has yet been able to explain the REAL difference between a BCC and a BC on a BPU car

· Registered
588 Posts
The stock ECU will cut off fuel if you boost too high (11-13+psi I believe). A boost cut controller only tricks the ecu into thinking you are not boosting high. It does nothing to affect higher boost levels. You reach these through a downpipe, exhaust, and as you mentioned, a boost controller.

· Banned
630 Posts
:lol: To your question!

I'm with virgogasm. :)

· Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
17,317 Posts
Didn't we already answer this question in your other thread? :scratch:

You obviously don't understand how either of them work, even though it was already explained to you by a few people.

I don't know what else to say.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you need the BCC to boost higher than stock levels. you need to BC to keep from boosting too high and blowing your turbos
The above is why im asking the same questions...

A boost controller cannot limit boost...

so why do i keep getting bad advice?

on a bpu car a BCC will allow up to 18 psi on stock twins.
I havent yet seen a bcc allow anything near or exceeding 18 psi of boost.

a boost controller will allow 18 psi, however in my case with my mods it seems safest and cheapest to run the BCC.

· Blue Thunder
4,429 Posts
I could hit 24psi with just a BCC. You need a BC too. Stop being cheap,
get a BC too or get a DSM. All that you need is on MkIV.com. Now go away and
don't come back until you read and become familiar with the Supra.

B

· Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
17,317 Posts

a boost controller will allow 18 psi, however in my case with my mods it seems safest and cheapest to run the BCC.
:faint:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5591704&postcount=19

Please understand what this post is saying. Please.

· wastegate hose is pulled
4,779 Posts

I have been reading your posts. You should have the shop put your car back to 100% stock condition, the way Toyota sent them out to the dealerships. That way, you can avoid the baffling conundrum that is BPU.

· Registered
3,095 Posts
simple question...

Should i keep my greddy BCC or should i remove it and install a boost controller?

My car is BPU+ and im peaking at 1.12 bar w/ the BCC, however my turbos are leaking oil and my local repair shop is telling me to remove the BCC because it can allow dangerous boost levels.

But in my opinion a BC would practically do the same thing... allow me to run more boost... neither of these devices has the ability to "limit" boost... all they do is increase it; one by eliminating the stock fule cut, and the other by manipulating wastegate airflow.

No one on this fourm has yet been able to explain the REAL difference between a BCC and a BC on a BPU car
you need them both

· Cardinals!
7,167 Posts
..then what do you think the boost controller is for? Who told you this? A shop that never deals with turbo'd cars?

Manual boost controllers may have to be adjusted from time to time to hold a certain boost level, but electronic boost controllers will keep boost limited to whatever psi you set it for. Now, boost spiking and boost creep can happen due to other variables.. components not working correctly, boost leaks, wastegate not flowing enough.. but you shouldn't have to worry about that on a properly-functioning BPU car.

For BPU on stock ECU, you need both BC and BCC. Get a new shop if they can't figure this out.

· Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
17,317 Posts
..then what do you think the boost controller is for? Who told you this? A shop that never deals with turbo'd cars?

Manual boost controllers may have to be adjusted from time to time to hold a certain boost level, but electronic boost controllers will keep boost limited to whatever psi you set it for. Now, boost spiking and boost creep can happen due to other variables.. components not working correctly, boost leaks, wastegate not flowing enough.. but you shouldn't have to worry about that on a properly-functioning BPU car.

For BPU on stock ECU, you need both BC and BCC. Get a new shop if they can't figure this out.

What he said was only partly right because he doesn't seem to understand how one functions.

A boost controller cannot limit boost any lower than the normal wastegate setting.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.