1. which is better for the car/performance
2. which is easier to install
3. which is easier and safer to tune..

Thanks!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is that a question? The GReddy BCC is better. Did you do any research on the topic?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
Guys cmon.. whats it going to be and which is better for the car

The Greddy BCC or the HKS FCD...

1. which is better for the car/performance
2. which is easier to install
3. which is easier and safer to tune..

Thanks!
You already asked that question once and I answered you here: http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13242 Now just read mkiv.com and get the BCC and stop asking the same question over and over...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
conceptually, I've always been a BCC guy ;) and the original explanation at mkiv.com makes sense to me.

but I got a lot of respect for Powerhouse and here is something I found recently. Look at FAQ #5

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/Main/main.html

Andi, you're in TX and seem to like PH stuff, what's up with that? Will they do a turbo job for me even if I want to keep my BCC?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have a quick question... will Tuning my BCC actually have any performance payoff's?

Ive had my BCC installed for a few months now, I didnt change ANYTHING from when I got it shipped from Greddy.. I just connected it to the correct wires and called it a day.. I dont know why I ask now, I never hit fuel cut or anything.. that I know of, but hell everyone talks about tuning it, so.... would it even yield a noticeable result since Im not getting fuel cut anyway?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know.. I talked to powerhouse today and they told me.. considering that I am stock (besides an intake) that when I get around to installing either unit, it will make no difference..

meaning which ever I choice would work the same for my type of application (basic BPU) ... futhurmore, they said that there is no need to tune the units considering the type of application...

Im sure that if I was BPU++++ then I would have a shop or myself tune it, to take full advantage of all the other mods...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
pooshda said:
I have a quick question... will Tuning my BCC actually have any performance payoff's?

Ive had my BCC installed for a few months now, I didnt change ANYTHING from when I got it shipped from Greddy.. I just connected it to the correct wires and called it a day.. I dont know why I ask now, I never hit fuel cut or anything.. that I know of, but hell everyone talks about tuning it, so.... would it even yield a noticeable result since Im not getting fuel cut anyway?
You should defently tune the voltage with a volt meter. Just because you are not hitting boost cut does not mean that it is working right. If the output voltage were clamped too low you would not hit boost cut, but your ECU would never see your boost go up enough to switch to the 12V for the fuel pump, or pre-spool your number 2 turbo correctly. It would almost be like running the FFCD. Maybe this has something to with your #2 going out so soon after you went BPU, maybe not... I would measure the voltage as it is set now and see if it is too low, it should be just under 4.3V. Read the tech article about how to set/measure the voltage at the output of the BCC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts