Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone runnng the BD racing fuel damper bypass line? HP gain? Any information would be helpful.Thanks.

Butterdawg
94TT 6-spd

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Do a search...

There was a recent thread here concerning exactly what it takes to bypass the FD, why you would want to do it, some install tips, and sources for parts to build such a part yourself. Chances are you will see ZERO HP gain from this unless you're car is starving for fuel now. A fuel pressure gauge wold tell you that...

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been having alot of problem with fuel starvation.....replaced almost everything only to find that my fuel pressure wasnt set correctly.
anyway, I also installed the fuel damper bypass but havint had the chance to test my car yet. car does idle a bit rough and noisy, you can hear the injector pulsating a bit more announced.
while I was installing the bypass line, I realized how complicated and restrictive (seems like) fuel damper unit was. the bypass line decrese the fuel travel distance by half and basically simplified the whole fuel system.
I will let you guys know if I gain any fuel from this mode, although I do not expect any power gain from it at all, just did it for safety reason.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
your car idled louder after installing the bypass/ new fuel line? or it was loud and thats why you had to change eveything to find out your pressure wasnt right. Thanks. im about to the mod on the n/a forum theres all the info on what you need to do it for like 50ish

·
Registered
562 Posts
what size fittings would i need if i wanted to make this on my own? i really don't think its worth $100 that hpfreaks want for it

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
^ I cant remember but you can find them in the FS section for less used... do a seach on the FS section for them...

·
Registered
686 Posts
what size fittings would i need if i wanted to make this on my own? i really don't think its worth $100 that hpfreaks want for it

We just had a thread about this. The adapter to the stock fuel rail and to a stock fuel filter is M12 x 1.25mm. If you don't use a stock fuel rail or filter then it's up to your set-up. I ordered 2 fittings from Summit Racing, M12 x1.25mm - 6AN adapter.
I already had a hose with 2 -6AN adapters, one has a 90 degree fitting and the one going to the fuel filter is a 45 degree. I think a straight fitting will work just fine for the fuel filter side. My hose was only about 28 inches long. Just buy a 3 foot hose and cut to size.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Recently ordered the supplies to do this, they should be here tomorrow... the parts list has already been posted multiple times but here's what I ended up getting from Summit:

*(My part numbers differ from those in the write up because I went with some black colored fittings)

SUM-220686B -6 45 DEGREE BLACK HOSE END
SUM-220687B -6 90 DEGREE BLACK HOSE END
SUM-230603 S.S. HOSE -6 3FT
EAR-991945ER 'Carburetor Inlet' 12MM X 1.25 TO -6 AN (Blue)

It will end up costing me approx $60 unless I screw up.

I was considering adding the gauge adaptor (which would be this PN if you wanted black: 495005-BL) but I think I'm going with a Weldon fuel pressure regulator and will worry about mounting it later.

Like someone else said, I don't see the need for an angled fitting on the fuel filter side, the "Powerhouse" version has a straight end, but I ordered it w/ an angle anyway.

Link to the "Powerhouse" item for reference:
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Toyota/Supra_MKIV/Fuel/Fuel_Pulsation_Damp_Bypass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts