Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Engine Gurus??? Bearing break in period ?

I was talking to someone about new motor break in... someone told me that you need to take it easy to get the rod bearing, crank bearing etc to seat in or break in before you can start getting on the car.... Never heard of anything about having to break in the bearing... on all the new motor or rebuilt motor break in no one ever mention anything about the bearing breakin ??? is there such thing... thought if they have the proper tolerance it should not be a problem... or is there such thing as if they were too tight when new and you take it easy on the motor the bearing will wear in to where they need to be ??? could that be the problem that alot of people are having problem with spun bearings on new shortblocks?? thanks...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what my understanding was too that there's not really a breakin period for the rod and main bearing... just need to be at the correct tolerance... thought I ask since one of the people that I know that works on cars said thats probably why people spin bearings on new shortblocks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts