Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anybody Ever Installed Main And Rod Bearings Without Pulling The Crankshaft.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard it was possible. that you just slide the bearing around the crank shaft and slide the new one in. I work with a bunch of toyota techs at a lexus dealer and some have said that they have done it before. I have actually seen it done on a lexus V8. So I was just wondering if anyone has tried it or succeded.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
91supra85 said:
i heard it was possible. that you just slide the bearing around the crank shaft and slide the new one in. I work with a bunch of toyota techs at a lexus dealer and some have said that they have done it before. I have actually seen it done on a lexus V8. So I was just wondering if anyone has tried it or succeded.

I guess technically it might be possible to slide the bearing around the journal and into the crankcase. However, you wouldn't be able to check your clearances on the block side, or check to see if you need it line honed. It would be a half assed rebuild IMO.

And of course you can install rod bearings with the crank in, since that is how it's done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts