Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1jzgte in sc300 auto.. non extended harness, no mods. It wont revv past 2000rpms like its hitting a revv limit. Replaced every sensor with spares (water, air temp, tps, map). No current way to check codes either :( Thinkin about getting an OBD1 code scanner, but anyone have any ideas? Fuel pump? I got a spare i can throw in. It idles fine so i kinda dont think its crank angle or cam sensors, but maybe?

Sometimes if u mess with it enough, u can revv over 2k, and the car will act 100% normal, til u come to a stop. This probem started really slow about a month ago, and now its to the point where the car is undriveable.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
i have a friend having similar problem but on a manual tranmission but with an auto ecu, changed everything including the pump, however, coilpacks were not checked, and im hearing it could be the coilpacks. Still yet to check it. His goes up to 3000rpms or so and hits a rev cut kinda business and no way it wont go above it, but under it it drives as its perfectly normal.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vacuum line to the FPR musta been clogged (even tho its new).. blew in the line to the FPR and it runs like new again

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
eps said:
Do you think we could all convince you to leave and never come back?
:gaysex: :rolleyes:

Do you think next time you post you could at least make a productive comment to the thread? :1poke:

Anyways...

Glad to hear you figured it out VJ...

·
Registered
244 Posts
KingCobra said:
:gaysex: :rolleyes:

Do you think next time you post you could at least make a productive comment to the thread? :1poke:

Anyways...

Glad to hear you figured it out VJ...

now about that other beast...

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
^ Kinda curious to see what dick head posted...Found thread too late...

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Check the crank sensor, (next to alternator).

I got mine wet once, and had this problem until it dried out. Wouldn't rev over 2500.

Also pull codes as usual.

410 Posts
whats your fuel pressure 1 @ a time pull your coilpacks out attach a tester sparkplug its like a normal 1 but with a gator clip welded to it to clip to ground see that each plug haves spark check for vacume leaks do a PSI check on them check your fuel pump do a PSI check on that too while your plugs are out do compression checks give us some engine specs air to fuel mixture if everything is right you have fuel you have spark all your pressures are what they are supposed to be then i would say try switching your ecu with someone elses maybe your engine ecu is shot sometimes crappy welders can blow them up by putting the groundcable on the exhaust itself by the o2 sensor or it just went south moisture puts a lot of gremilens in this car if its getting worse it sounds like its fouling like plug wires but it doesnt have them with direct coilpacks so check those and the ecu first also there is a relay that splits the fuel pump pressure on the supra there is a low setting and hi make sure it works it changes the op voltage going to the fuel pump there is so much to check and its so hard to do miles away but i hope this helps

1st try to eliminate mechanical problems then goto electrical and does this happen at idle to or when you drive your car i had tons of problems with a340e transmissions i couldnt keep any going and even when i bought the jdm ones they didnt last long bands kept going to crap on me so after my 3rd auto i converted to manuel

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
eps said:
I said your mom is a fat whore.

Cute, but uneffective. What can ya do? Gotta run to the bar, good luck with the ride VJ.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First i thought it was the FPR cause id unhook the vac cause it would run fine. Did that for a day, then car would just stall out when put into gear and no power....

It was the fuel pump (so far)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts