Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story will unfold as you scroll through the pictures...

Uh oh.........

ya.. and to top it all off..........

AAAGGGGHHHHHH.... GOD WHY?!?!?!

:lol:

so its time for a refurbishing of sorts. tell me what you think. Is it as bad as i think you think i think it is???

what do u think of my camshaft?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
DAMN you blew the gasket on every single cyl. WAY TO GO!!!!!!! 1st time I've seen that. I went back and looked at the pics again and noticed you are na->t so that would explain how easy it was for you to blow a stock hg. Time to do the mhg huh? and start looking for another set of cams.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Twigger said:
I nocticed cams off my engine with 240,000 miles and jdm engine had all those same scratches, seems to still work fine.
yea, it shouldn't be that bad, since they don't have bearings like the bottom end does, it doesn't effect it that much. just maybe a little more valvetrain noise...

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, ya....

engine has 127K miles on it... about 10k of those are boosted, and about 3000 at 11psi.

ya, i've got some things planned. MHG is definate

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
thats really impressive! upgrade for more power!

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Jong with the $$ you spend putting everything back together, wouldnt be easier just to go 7mgte? Jmo though.
But anyway its sad to see that you totally abused the shit out of it:(

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
definately a sudden blowing. I was scewin around, and my friend said he felt the car jolt a little. I didn't even notice. As soon as he said that, my eyes moved the my temp gauge and it was on its way up.

The car idle'd a little rough on startup, but didn't blow any smoke. I did a CO test, and it read positive when i revved the engine up.

edit: i'm not suprised. I've been waiting for this day for almost two years now. I knew it was coming, just didn't know how much boost it would take

·
Registered
130 Posts
if you want new cams for a ge I just got rod knock and screwed up the lower end of my engine(got a new engine) and i could sell you the cams if they are still in good shape. I haven't gotten my old engine back yet though but as soon as I rip into the engine I could check for you if you want.

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
i like my ge
I like your ge too, did anything else need to be done besides the mhg and cams? and what dp are you running, stock?
I ment are all the cylinder heads in good shape?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I don't think your cams are screwed up. The cam saddles tend to put some buildup on the cam bearing surfaces. If you use a dremel with a polishing/buffer brush, they'll polish perfectly smooth, as the 'grooves' that you see are just a softer material deposited on the cams. You might want to leave it as is, though, so that you get a tighter fit, and less oil pressure loss.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
wow thats bad. proof that detonation is a hg killer. just be thankful thats all that let go.

good luck getting it all put back together.

dave

1 - 20 of 36 Posts