Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into replacing the thrust washer on my r154 with the MC brand. I also came across the Beech preformance one but could not get any info on anyone using it and I also used the search button with no luck. Does anyone have any info on the thrst washer made from Beech preformance?

Thanks

·
Frozen Lake Driver
1,292 Posts
Looking at the beech Performance one it doesn't look like it's a stronger thrust washer, Yet one that won't shatter when it's gonna get damaged. Also it doesn't have the oil channels like the stock Toyota one does.
The MC one seems to be of a better design and a better material so to me it seems to be the better choice. But if your really concerned about it go talk to a machinest and see what they could make you, Could probably give you a good opinion on a good metal to use. When i had my R154 rebuilt that's what I did and it worked out just awesome. Tranny is very strong.

But on a side note when it was rebuilt i also got the strengthened bearing plate and bolts. Mostly because it is to my understanding that the stock one is the reason for the thrust washer to be put on such incredible amounts of stress. So i'd look into that as well if you want a bullet proof tranny, That's the way to go.

But if your looking for a decent off the shelf replacement part personally i'd say the MC one would be of better quality.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I will be going with the MC thrust parts then. I searched all night and could not find anyone who has installed the beech performance one(I was puzzled by no oil channels)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
The new MC thrust washer has no oil passages. But i rather go with a mc. Part, he is the best at rebuilding the r-series tranny.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Did my homework on the rebuild and am using the MC parts that are available (ordered everything from Driftmotion, arrived in less than a week).

No negative feedback on the MC parts' performance that I could find.

·
Frozen Lake Driver
1,292 Posts
The only part that seems to be a problem is that the oversized bearing plate can be a bitch to get installed (this coming from my tranny building who said he had a tough time getting it in) But I also went with the "Race" Plate rated to 800HP. Not sure if it's thicker or larger (well it must be lol)
Just a heads up if your building it yourself.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
MC has been around for years and makes some quality HD parts, I wouldnt trust internal trans or engine parts from some un-tested source. I have the MC thust washer and bearin gplat in my trans, two years or 500-600 whp with no issues what so ever.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
mc makes stuff for wheelers 42 tall tires that bunch of rock s and yet it holed when geared to 5000 plus to 1

mc only they use trested tool steel

i be the beech is just plain tool steel if that

·
Frozen Lake Driver
1,292 Posts
YOu got pics of the race plate?
I don't think i have any shots of it, Didn't have a camera for a large part of my build. The only way i was able to get it was because MC called me when i ordered the original bearing plate but they had no stock so recommended that one for my R154. He told me over the phone they've tested a few of the R151F's with that plate and it was holding up to huge torque numbers well in one of there crawlers.
I'll see if I can dig up the old e-mail receipt but I think i may have lost it.

Edit: Found the e-mail with the Part # MC-10075

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think i have any shots of it, Didn't have a camera for a large part of my build. The only way i was able to get it was because MC called me when i ordered the original bearing plate but they had no stock so recommended that one for my R154. He told me over the phone they've tested a few of the R151F's with that plate and it was holding up to huge torque numbers well in one of there crawlers.
I'll see if I can dig up the old e-mail receipt but I think i may have lost it.

Edit: Found the e-mail with the Part # MC-10075
Wow now I need to check into that race plate.

Thanks for the part number:wavey:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have Wes's part in my car and will vouch for its strength... multiple launches at well over 800Hp and 27" slicks.. The nice thing about Beeches part is, he made to my specs!!! I wanted to take out some of the slop..

thanks
Jason

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have Wes's part in my car and will vouch for its strength... multiple launches at well over 800Hp and 27" slicks.. The nice thing about Beeches part is, he made to my specs!!! I wanted to take out some of the slop..

thanks
Jason
Finally someone who has it installed. Thank you for the input

·
greasemonkey
3,134 Posts
from what ive heard about beech's quality on machining other parts, id just go with the mc part. it is proven to work and its a business that has been around a long time that has tons of good reviews vs 1 good review.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
^^They may even be equal in strength/performance, but maybe the OP is looking at Beech for other reasons/factors... I.e. Customer loyalty, location, cost, etc....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts