Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car: '94 TT, 6 spd, RMM downpipe, TRD catback, 18 psi (stock twins), conical K&N. That's all I can remember. I guess almost BPU. Oh yea, I've got the free fuel cut mod too.

Anyway, guy in town got a '02 Z06...it's stock but he's a real prick and thinks it's the baddest thing on earth. Now, I can drive the really well (used to be a test driver) so I can push the car to the max. But, will it be enough? Might be a showdown near the end of the week so I might go by some drag radials. What do yall think? How does a BPU TT do against a Z06?

B

·
0 Posts
Well, Z06's are pretty damn fast espeacially up top. With 18 psi, and POWERBRAKING, you will probably edge him and hold him off. But after 135 those things really pull hard. I say like a 1.5 car length victory.

Good luck

·
Registered
525 Posts
Remeber those things run lower 12's (12.4 approx) at the track STOCK. Not to many 6-speeds do that with the mods you have. In my area...not by a long shot. Give it all you've got man!

M

·
0 Posts
If it's from a stop, it's not gonna be that great of a race. Get him from a slow roll and pull his ass hard w/ some brake boosting. I'd say if you win, good job. I have faced 3 and only beaten 1 - the other 2 were from a stop and they pull HARD outta the hole.

S

·
0 Posts
IMO...

Supras dynoing over 425rwhp will be able to pull on a stock Z06 on the highway. Running race gas (around 500?rwhp) was enough for me to pull very hard on a stock 02 Z06... I'd say I had him by 75 horses.

I have it on tape. Horrible camera work, but its there.
www.datapathusa.com/scott/videos.html

A good BPU should run just about even with an 02 Z06.

G

·
0 Posts
From a dead stop I think you're in trouble. If it's some sort of 60 punch race it should be closer.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well I think your going to lose from a roll and get wasted from a stop. His car is lighter and has a torque advantage. I'd personally like to see the Supra win but without some more mods I do not see that happening unless the guy can't drive woth shit.

Now if you had an Auto with 3200 or 4000 rpm stall converter then I'd give you the edge from a stop.

Either way good luck and let us know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A properly running and driven 6 speed BPU Supra will beat a stock Z06. The Z06's will run 12.40's at around 114mph and the Supra will run 12.2's-12.4's at around 116-118mph. The higher the speeds get the bigger advantage the Supra has. The Z06's have a top speed of around 170-175mph while a BPU Supra will do over 180mph. If both of you are good drivers it should be a great race.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hurry up and get a AFC and dyno tune it, run 50% race fuel and he's toast. Make sure your intercooler is cool if you can in any way possible. Plus when running race fuel you can jack your boost up to 21psi or so.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sorry to tag onto your thread here but I have a question:

How would I do against a stock c5?
I have a dealer near me (rare in England) and I am curious to how I would do against one?

I have not cats and a Hiper (95mm piping, not US spec 75mm).

H

·
0 Posts
I kept meeting this brand new Z06 on my way home. :D I've raced him three times so far and I've beat him all. But, it's very close race everytime.:D
I think I have few more things on my car then yours, Boost Addict. But, you definately have a chance. Z06 are worth apponent, I won't be assamed of loosing to one.:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, what mods to do before I race him? SFC? Boost Controller? What?

I'm going to get drag radials tonight...or at least order them. Tell me what I need and I'll get it. BTW, I know you guys don't want to hear this...but if I do get beat I'll go home and get the Mustang...it traps at around 135mph. I'd just really like to show this guy the taillights of a Supra. What do I need to get? (and don't say go single, I know that, something that I can get done in the next couple of weeks that won't really stand out).

T

·
0 Posts
boost controller + 104 octane fuel + 21-22 psi = him looking at your tailights

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
20+ psi = no longer in the efficiency range of the stock turbos. You are just creating lots of excess heat.

You're gonna lose. Spray a 100shot!!!!!11

:)

D

·
0 Posts
then he can turn it up to 19:D . i say get an S-AFC and tune it a little. but i dunno,im new to the supra scene so i probably wouldnt be much help.

spray a fire extinguisher to your intercooler :p

O

·
0 Posts
Tough race for ya man.
'02 ZO6s can run 12.1 @ 117 bone stock, from a stop he should take you pretty easily. I would hold off on the race until you can do some modding/tuning.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I raced one at Mason-Dixon Sunday. Colbalt blue
stock '02 with BFG drag radials. We both sucked
but I sucked worse([email protected]) to his 12.5.
I just started running with 93 octane instead of
100 octane at the track. I guess I pulled the timing
back based on the crappy trap speed. I can ussually
pull 119-121 mph traps on race fuel. Two weeks back
I was pulling 117-118 mph traps and 12.2 ET's on 92
octane. Go figure. His trap was only 111 so maybe the
air just sucked or the planets were not aligned.;)
It was a strange feeling seeing him a couple legnths
ahead at the 1/8th marker but not reeling him in. They
are strong cars. He said he had run [email protected] at Cecil
a couple weeks earlier.
On a side note. I weighed my "lightweight" hardtop
at the track for the first time. No spare and 5 gallons
of gas. 3560 pounds WITHOUT me in the car. I would
have thouhgt the scale was out of whack but the same
Z06 weighed right after me.....3385 WITH him in the car!
Anyone else weigh in at the track? Results?
Wayne

Z

·
0 Posts
me and my friends BPU raced 2002 405hp Zo6 from a slow roll. he jumped a car and half right off the bat becuase we both are in TTC mode and he caught us in suprise so we had to wait for the turbos to kick. (we were in 2nd gear 3000RPM, 91 octan.) once we got boost, we stayed even with the Zo6 all the way to 4th gear though at the end he still had that 1 1/2 car lead.
be careful, its not a car you can gain back the ground you lost during lower gears.
my advice is to run some 100+ octan, reset ECU, and make sure you have full boost when you step on it. AFC and cam gears aint gonna do shit now, if your supra is strong, 18psi will be plenty for you to pull him. otherwise expect a pretty even race.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
WayneCar said:
I raced one at Mason-Dixon Sunday. Colbalt blue
stock '02 with BFG drag radials. We both sucked
but I sucked worse([email protected]) to his 12.5.
I just started running with 93 octane instead of
100 octane at the track. I guess I pulled the timing
back based on the crappy trap speed. I can ussually
pull 119-121 mph traps on race fuel. Two weeks back
I was pulling 117-118 mph traps and 12.2 ET's on 92
octane. Go figure. His trap was only 111 so maybe the
air just sucked or the planets were not aligned.;)
It was a strange feeling seeing him a couple legnths
ahead at the 1/8th marker but not reeling him in. They
are strong cars. He said he had run [email protected] at Cecil
a couple weeks earlier.
On a side note. I weighed my "lightweight" hardtop
at the track for the first time. No spare and 5 gallons
of gas. 3560 pounds WITHOUT me in the car. I would
have thouhgt the scale was out of whack but the same
Z06 weighed right after me.....3385 WITH him in the car!
Anyone else weigh in at the track? Results?
Wayne
I weighed my car in two separate IDRC racing events. Both times my car weighed in at 3450 with me in it. I think I have a freak.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts