Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started cleaning up my engine bay as I had to take off a few things to replace the cam cover gaskets and ignition leads.

Heres an embarrassing 'before'

And my clean bits =D

The red parts look blured in the pic but in real life they are as crisp as a crispy thing. The heat shield has been de-rusted and sprayed black with (and I quote!) 'Very Hight Temp paint' safe upto 500c:eek: The resonator (or what ever its called, the stupid lump of plastic on the intake) wil be replaced by some shiny 75mm ally tube.

My arms hurt:( and ive only just started!

:D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks freaking sweet man, mind telling us how'd you do it? all right, peace
Thanks bud

Cam covers were taken off, paint stripped, sanded with 180 grit on an air drill to remove the pitted surface, then mucho hand sanding with various wet and dry. Polished them up using a buffer again on the air drill then hand polished with 'brasso' (dunno if you get that in america?).
Primed and sprayed the lettering then picked off the bits around the writing (it doesnt stick due to the polished alloy, but sticks to the rough surphace of the sunken lettering) bit more polishing and volia! It took me 3 weeks on and off which is a stupid amount of time to spend really, but I love ma supe! gotta undo all the harm the previous owners did!

Throttle body was cleaned up\out completely with some mean spray paint thinners, wire brushed and sprayed with some metal high temp paint (safe to 200c). New clips for the intake pipe, new (clear) rubber pipe for the tube that links the cam covers to the throttle body (this was sprayed black untill I have a collection of parts ready for chroming), cleaned all the nuts & bolts + a bit of misc polishing. Took about 1 day.

:)

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Your valve covers look great! grade A work man!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I will have to do the same; looks very good!

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Looks damn good bro! Good job! :bigok:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
While we are on the subject I have a few questions I would appreacite answering if you gents could help me out:

Next up im looking at doing the next two parts of the intake after the throttle body & 'Y' piece that Ive already done. Theres quite a few bits bolted onto the piece after the 'Y' piece and I was wondering if there was anything to look out for when removing them? For example when doing the throttle body I had to look out for the Throttle sensor so I didnt knock it out of adjustment.
Are these next two parts pretty much plug and play? They look it but best off checking, otherwise there will be a post asking why my supe runs like shit because Ive messed something up:D

--------------

Also a bit lazy of me I admit but I havent had a chance to have a propper look yet:
The rubber coated plate that fits between the cam covers, how does this come off? are there some screws or something?

Thanks

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Restore&Tweak said:
The resonator (or what ever its called, the stupid lump of plastic on the intake) wil be replaced by some shiny 75mm ally tube.
hahahaha

looks good man! thats something you can truly be proud of!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very sexy, if it was trasnformed from a car part to a women, I would make love to her.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts