Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i finally got her running to her tiptop shape until today...

the car run fine... i would step on it and it would boost hard...

then on my way to work i pass up a truck so i step on it and then step on the clutch... so the ssq let out a loust "psshhh"..

after that i trottle it and nothing... i look at my boost gauge(aftermarket) and its sitting at about 2 psi at wot at 4.5k rpm...

it wouldnt boost up(or hold the boost)

i have a HKS 50MM wastegate so the stock boost would be at 10 psi.

when i go WOT i would hear the turbo spoolin... BUT at the same time it sounds like air is scaping... plus no mater how hard i step on it i cant hear the bov... (maybe to low of a boost).

so what do you guys think?
bov? wasgate?

heres the mods...
HKS t4 manifold
HKS 1.2mm headgasket
HKS 50MM wastegate
HKS VPC
GREDDY T78 TURBO
HKS ssq blow-off valve
ARP head bolt
RC 680 injectors
APEXI SAFC II
hks evc IV
aem 6-in-1 wideband
3 1/2" Tanabe downpip straigh through with no cat
Tanabe muffler
walbro 255lb fuel pump

i think im forgetting something...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
You probably blew one of your IC hoses or silicon connectors off. Check the whole intake routing from the turbo to the TB. If you hear the turbo spooling then it wouldn't be the WG. The only other thing I can think of would be a stuck open blowoff valve.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Afunk said:
Sounds like a horrible boost leak...what is the quality of your idle?
actually it idles fine... same as b4... (thats why i thought it might be the wasgate not holding the boost)

but maybe its b/c im running vpc so idle is not affected?

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
sportinct26 said:
actually it idles fine... same as b4... (thats why i thought it might be the wasgate not holding the boost)

but maybe its b/c im running vpc so idle is not affected?
You are correct in your assumption, the VPC will enable the car to idle just fine. Check for a blown off IC hose or even a blown coupler...good luck.

Khris

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
osofast7m said:
You are correct in your assumption, the VPC will enable the car to idle just fine. Check for a blown off IC hose or even a blown coupler...good luck.

Khris

ok i feel so stupid... its the ic pipe... right after the turbo... :1poke:

i check the top ic pipe system and where the IC is... but i didnt see the one where the turbo connects...

so i decided to take everything off and go over it... when i remove the accordian pipe thats when i notice that it was disconnected...

thats odd though... with the ic pipe completely disconnected i didnt think you can even go WOT... or do i have the vpc to thank for that to?

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
welcome to non-afm systems, and why i want to go maft-pro down the road, when you blow the intercooler system up you can still make it home (however im still going lex and 550's for cheapness sake for now lol)

<l><l>

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
what happened to all the stuff i sold u a few months ago! nice set up gald it was an easy fix.

~scott

·
MMMM Smells like coolant
213 Posts
I vote Plugged cat. had a friend who had the same problem he got the exaust replaced and had that pesky cataletic converter taken out of the picture and wala instantly back to full boost. just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Cravin Boost said:
I vote Plugged cat. had a friend who had the same problem he got the exaust replaced and had that pesky cataletic converter taken out of the picture and wala instantly back to full boost. just my 2 cents.
You did see that he solved the problem right? It was a blown IC hose as everyone else had suspected.

Gotta love speed density!

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scottiedawg66 said:
what happened to all the stuff i sold u a few months ago! nice set up gald it was an easy fix.

~scott
well i sold my old 87 supra and baught this red 91 supra... i miss the quick spool of the ct26 but i do love the hard spool of the t78 :bigthumb: plus i got a hella good deal on it lol

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
sweet u better come the the folsom lake meet man, check nor cal section id like to see a t78 7m.

~scott

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scottiedawg66 said:
sweet u better come the the folsom lake meet man, check nor cal section id like to see a t78 7m.

~scott

ha ha ha thats in sac town right? yeah looks like i can make it to the meet... hopefully i get new tires then lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts