Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
before the drop. Stock shocks and springs. Why the hell is the front higher than the back? Nothing is missing from the engine bay.

After the drop

Typical weekend at BAS. Doing a HG or replacing blown Tokicos or both.

Thanks to zero and BoostAddctn for the help

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
hmm is it just me or is there not much difference there? :dunno:

·
Registered
383 Posts
drop

how does it look/feel now? i have some tokicos and eibachs waiting to go on. how hard was install? ive never done any suspension work so im wondering how much headache and time to allow myself. thanks

D

·
0 Posts
I see a huge difference. I am also envious..I saw a red N/A in yesterday in my lovely hometown..first supra I have seen here in a year...

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IdealSupra said:
hmm is it just me or is there not much difference there? :dunno:

biggest difference is in the front.

The install was pretty straight forward. Fuck the windshield washer bottle, hardest part of the install at lwast on 87 on 89+ BoostAddctn says it doesn't get in the way as much.

The rears were a tight fit as the bushing was a little wide to fit back on the arm. Nothing a lot of super lube can't fix. Zero loves the smell of that shit. We sprayed so much of it I can't even remeber the name of that shit any more, brain damage.

oh and I just rained the other day so the car is cleaner than it should be.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
if your car is sitting on an incline then that's why your front appears higher than the rear. all the weight is going downhill towards your rear end.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nocheez said:
if your car is sitting on an incline then that's why your front appears higher than the rear. all the weight is going downhill towards your rear end.
acutally it always used to sit like that even on level ground.

I don't know how it handles the turns yet, but overal handling has improve even the dipping I used to get from slight breaking is gone. Slightly bumper overall but that is expected. No ricer bumpiness though.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Get some update pics in a little bit, it took my car a while before the springs settled in, that's the exact combo i have on my car (some color and dirt too ;) )

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
JustinM said:
So is your driveway :)
Thats mines... :( hehehe yup, it was fun lowering your ride man, I want to see when they settle in :) and yes, thats a typical weekend here in BAS, its either changing suspensions or replacing a headgasket (turns out there was a chipped/cracked valve also) aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i just installed somw tokico shocks with B&G springs. i got a really good drop. the car has a much more adgressive look and handles much better. my oem shocks were toasted. i pushed one of them in and it never came back out,lol

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
got one for my NA couple months back feels better then stock although its not very low which is good since i don't want it to rub. i'll be removing them from my NA and installing them on the Turbo next weekend. and BTW for u cali people which area do u live area do u live around? i live in SF.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
supratkfy said:
got one for my NA couple months back feels better then stock although its not very low which is good since i don't want it to rub. i'll be removing them from my NA and installing them on the Turbo next weekend. and BTW for u cali people which area do u live area do u live around? i live in SF.
san mateo, Ca

1 - 20 of 25 Posts