Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting my 95 na automatic turbocharged by powerhouse and while I am at it I am going to have to modify my auto tranny to handle the extra power and I was wondering if there is any difference in between the na and TT trannys and should the converters be the same? I also have to get an exhaust system while I am at and I like the way that the tanabe racing madallion looks on the supras and I was wondering if this exhaust gives good gains and if it is tollerable while cruising 70 down the highway? I would also like it if you guys could give me some feedback on how powerhous has treated you. I have heard nothing but good things so far though about them. what kind of prices have you guys been quoted on there kits because i was quoted 12000 for there big na kit, but I guess you have to pay to play. What is the usuall charge to get a kit tuned and installed by a shop like powerhouse? thanks

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Powerhouse is awesome, they will treat you very well. The na and tt trannys and torque converters are different..... not interchangable.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey T,
I have heard good things about Powerhouse as well and on the Tanabe Exhaust its supposed to rock as far as power gains however the cruising on the highway at 70 its supposed to be really LOUD! What part of Missouri you from?
Later

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaveH said:
The na and tt trannys and torque converters are different..... not interchangable.
Can you interchange the units with no other changes, drop out the NA tranny and slap in the turbo one? Is there enough difference in torque capacity (or potential) to make it worth doing?

Rob_O

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
They will physically bolt in/out, but the ecu controls the two tranny's differently. There is a cable on the na tranny for throttle position, and the tt is entirely electronic. Hope that helps.

Rob_O said:

Can you interchange the units with no other changes, drop out the NA tranny and slap in the turbo one? Is there enough difference in torque capacity (or potential) to make it worth doing?

Rob_O

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DaveH said:
Hope that helps
Just the answer I needed, not what I wanted to hear. My options keep coming back "Get a 5 speed or prepare to spend some money building a tranny". At least I've managed to find 2 good 5 speed cars, looked at one tonight and gonna try to look at the other this weekend.

You don't happen to have the gear ratios for the NT cars do ya? I've searched my ass off on this board and can't find them.

Rob_O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts