Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post on this forum and I have 2 questions regarding Supra BPU mods...
First of all, I'm planning to buy some merchandise from the Suprastore, do you have expeiriance with buying from them. I,m especialy interested what european buyers have to say (since I'm from Poland).
Second.. (and this is the technical question) what do you think about such a combination:
GReddy BCC
Tanabe Down Pipe
GReddy Profec A Boost Controller
HKS Carbon Titanium Hiper Exhaust
HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve Kit (SSBOV)
and mayby if I'll have enough cash:
Underdriven Crank Pulley - Unorthodox Racing
HKS cam gears
Gates Belt K060747
are there better (or cheaper and almost equaly good) alternatives for certain parts.
Thanks for resonable responces

·
Registered
52 Posts
Use the search feature to find out what people have to say about Suprastore. I don't have any personal experience with them so I can't tell you one way or the other.

I have heard horror stories about underdrive pullies and IMO, I wouldnt put them on my car. The profec-A has fuzzy logic and the sequential turbo set-up on the MKIV will confuse it. If you want Greddy go with the Profec-B. From what I have gathered on the forums, most people really like there blitz and hks boost controllers.

Other than that your combination sounds like a good BPU route and will make you :D

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i had the profect-A in my stealth r/t turbo and it was great ..but i cant say what or how good it will do with the stock twins in a supra tt..as i used a blits dsbc in mine and love it also !
some other good units are the
hks ez
blits dsbc or sbc-id
greddy profect B

as for the pullys it has been said a few time that the Unorthodox kits dont work well and they recomend the greddy set instead

alot of guys including myself use the RMM (Rod Millen Motorsports) Downpipe

here is a direct link to the parts for supras at mvp
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Merchant/supra_mk4.htm

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wally said:
Hi, this is my first post on this forum and I have 2 questions regarding Supra BPU mods...
First of all, I'm planning to buy some merchandise from the Suprastore, do you have expeiriance with buying from them. I,m especialy interested what european buyers have to say (since I'm from Poland).
Second.. (and this is the technical question) what do you think about such a combination:
GReddy BCC
Tanabe Down Pipe
GReddy Profec A Boost Controller
HKS Carbon Titanium Hiper Exhaust
HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve Kit (SSBOV)
and mayby if I'll have enough cash:
Underdriven Crank Pulley - Unorthodox Racing
HKS cam gears
Gates Belt K060747
are there better (or cheaper and almost equaly good) alternatives for certain parts.
Thanks for resonable responces
I would get another boost controller besides profec A. Blitz SBC-ID is the best in my opinion. Profect B is very easy to use for any newbie though.
Carbon Titanium Hiper exhaust is a waste of money, but go for it, it will be lighter.
I would use Unorthodox Underdrive pulleys, they won't hurt anything if you install them right and dont have a lightened flywheel. Cam gears are more important though.

Instead of getting that Titanium Exhaust, just get a cheaper one, and use the money you would have spent on an S-AFC.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot guys...
so you do not recomend the Profec A with sequential.. hmm, and what if I would use it with a TTC mod?
Generaly the deal with the computer is that I want a two stage unit (overtaking mode in Profec A, and Hi/Lo boost stages in Profec B), so the B might apply but I've heard a lot of crap about it...
what other EBC's have such an option?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wally said:
thanks a lot guys...
so you do not recomend the Profec A with sequential.. hmm, and what if I would use it with a TTC mod?
Generaly the deal with the computer is that I want a two stage unit (overtaking mode in Profec A, and Hi/Lo boost stages in Profec B), so the B might apply but I've heard a lot of crap about it...
what other EBC's have such an option?
OK, another thing...some people like TTC mod, and some people don't. If I were use, I would leave well enough alone and not do it. I know people who have done it and had problems afterwords, plus it increases lag.

Oh yeah, another thing...Unorthodox Cam Gears are nicer then HKS in my opinion. I would check into both and see which are cheaper.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Larely I've hear a lot of talk about twin EBC, does a combination of Profec B and AVC-R make any sence to you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts